I (mostly) stopped drinking

Started by sunshine702, October 21, 2019, 08:05:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sunshine702

I have dealt with my problems from about 16 on with drinking.   I steadily gathered a major problem.
I tried AA in the past and went cold turkey from time to time but nothing clicked forever.

Well recently with the support of my partner I got on some medication to quell my cravings over time. 

Google The Sinclair Method of you are interested.  So I have been on Naltrexone for 3 months now.

I leave glasses of wine just sitting there because I am over it.  I can go to the pub and have a ginger ale and be content.  This is HUGE for me!!  I am so proud.  I have power over it now not the other way around.  I really was worried I couldn't do that. 

I just want to give people some hope .   

Think of Pavlov's dog.  Ring bell=food.  Well the drug blocks the pleasure in the brain.  Over time wine is just grape juice not pleasure. 

I did it. I am mostly sober. 

Now this is complete heresy in the AA world but that system did not work for me it made it worse. This is working.  I just wanted to share for people who need something else.

GettingOOTF

Congratulations. That takes real strength.

athene1399

This is amazing! I am so glad you found a system that works for you. :) I am proud of you. That is difficult to overcome. I've had alcohol problems as well. It has taken a long time for me to get it under control.

Spygirl

If my expd had done something about his alcoholism, we would have stood a better chance of reconciliation.

I am very very happy you have conquered this demon! Does not matter the way, just the end result. Congratulations.

I will pass this process on to others.

blacksheep7

Congrats!   I know how hard it can be to stop any addiction.

I believe in whatever works for you.
I may be the black sheep of the family, but some of the white sheep are not as white as they try to appear.

"When people show you who they are, believe them."
Maya Angelou