Can see the light now

Started by MGTOW, October 22, 2019, 01:43:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MGTOW

Good morning,

It's been almost a year since I left her, now working the divorce.  Finally getting a sense of peace and grateful to have found this site.  All those years now make more sense.  Never could figure out what I was doing wrong - but now know it wasn't me.

No more circular arguments, no more passive-aggressive comments, no more shaming, blaming and guilt. No more silent treatments. No more four hour phone calls where I have to listen in silence to the complaining, the negativity, the whining that she can't handle things alone and that her anxiety is crushing her.  No more hearing her cutting remarks about my family or how they once insulted her 15 years ago. No more of her telling me I'm "always" wrong and "never" really knew who she was. No more listening to her say that if I really loved her, I'd do what she told me to or that I just have to try harder.  No more being accused of being mentally unstable or that I needed to get help.

Reading all the signs and couldn't believe how they described what I'd been going through for 20 years. It all makes sense now.  All my questions were validated.  Hate the fact that I wasted so much time, but very happy to at least getting out of it all relatively unscathed.

Penny Lane

Hi MGTOW, and welcome.

I'm glad you're finding peace. Divorce with a PD can be really hard and draining, but there is so much more peace.

If you have the means, I recommend letting your lawyer handle as much of it as possible. I also recommend a book called Splitting by Bill Eddy, and of course the wonderful toolbox and resources at the top of the page.

You are not alone. When you're ready, you might share more of your story on the separating and divorcing board.

Starboard Song

Welcome.

I am so glad you are taking these hard steps for yourself.

We men don't always get one of these when they need them from our friends, so here you go:
:bighug:
Radical Acceptance, by Brach   |   Self-Compassion, by Neff    |   Mindfulness, by Williams   |   The Book of Joy, by the Dalai Lama and Tutu
Healing From Family Rifts, by Sichel   |  Stop Walking on Egshells, by Mason    |    Emotional Blackmail, by Susan Forward