Started by p123, November 07, 2019, 04:07:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PeanutButter

Quote from: p123 on February 21, 2020, 05:03:20 AM
Quote from: Andeza on February 20, 2020, 12:19:22 PM
"He'll never change."
Sad, but true of most of our disordered people. Good luck
why I should I care if these doctors and nurse have to put up with his antics
IMO you care because you are a kind non pd person who knows how trying it is to deal with your F's psychological abuse. You have empathy for the doctors and nurses. That is not an issue.
IME you would better serve yourself to ask 'why would I expect my dad to change his behavior just because I dont want the doctors and nurses have to put up with him?'
IME If we have a problem with someones behavior it only becomes an issue if we expect someone to change their behavior because we have a problem with it.
If there is a hidden seed of evil inside of children adults planted it there -LundyBancroft  Self-awareness is the ability to take an honest look at your life without any attachment to it being right or wrong good or bad -DebbieFord The greatest of faults is to be conscious of none -Thomas Carlyle

catta

My uNPD mom is a hypochondriac, and anytime anything is going on with her, she tries to convince me it's happening to me, too. She self-diagnoses herself with all kinds of things and then takes supplements/herbs to fix them. After doing this for years, she ended up having incredibly high levels of some vitamin in her blood that made a doctor think she had cancer-- but it turned out that she was just taking 3 different supplements containing that vitamin. But she still tells people that she has "naturally" high levels of this vitamin that scared the doctors.

She has a strange habit of deciding she has a problem as soon as I have a symptom of it. I got hives once last year; she now has chronic hives. I was diagnosed with rosacea (that I control by carefully avoiding certain irritants); she now spends $1000s of dollars a year on specialized prescription treatments for her rosacea. A few winters ago my doctor caught a vitamin D deficiency that I corrected by taking OTC supplements for a few weeks; she now takes expensive prescription vitamin D supplements year round. As a kid, I can remember our entire house shutting down for the day and cancelling plans because she was constipated or hung over, which were always borderline medical emergencies instead of just inconveniences. She's also convinced she has lupus but will not see a doctor about it. She just tells people she has lupus.

ScotsLady

I can definitely vouch for my husband who has Mixed Personality Disorder, having total Hypochondria as he is always telling me how he is dying, won't wake up in the morning, sleeps all the time, tells me he thinks he has PTSD brought on by my years of abuse, when he is the one who is abusing me, thinks he has MND, Parkinson's Disease, and the list goes on!  When I suggest he phones his GP and speaks to him/her he tells me no, that they can't do anything and they don't care as he feels the last GP didn't care about him because she clearly wasn't all over him like a rash and he doesn't get that there are other patients in the surgery rather than just him!  I used to feel a lot of sympathy for him, but now I just see it as attention seeking and don't give him any reason to think I'm concerned as this only makes him worse I feel.  He is certainly fine and nothing wrong with him when he is in the midst of a tirade of abuse towards me!   :no: