Rate your happiness and fulfilment out of 10

Started by Crushed_Dad, November 11, 2019, 11:42:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crushed_Dad

How would you rate your happiness and fulfilment out of 10?

I sometimes lose sight of all the things I should be grateful about because of what my PDW puts me through....

Happiness 5/10 - 90% down to the kids 10% down to the career I've got that's able to provide for them. I get no happiness from the relationship I have with my wife, none whatsoever.

Fulfilment 3/10 - Bit more difficult this one, I know I'll never be able to do or have a lot of the things that I hoped for in life. Any dreams that I have will be easily sabotaged by my wife and over the last 9 years I feel like I've already missed out on so much because of her behaviour, meet ups with friends, weddings, stag do's, company events, possible holidays to days out with the kids. Her financial dependency on me means I can't risk changing job or career, I'll never have the house I'd like (which should be easily achievable on my income) or certain material elements.

That said, I see how brilliantly my kids do at school, how they've such a good group of friends and that their mother will do anything for them. That gives me fulfilment.