Hi!

Started by puellareginae, November 12, 2019, 06:41:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

puellareginae

Hey, everyone! I found this forum courtesy of some online friends who gently encouraged me to post here.

I have a family full of generational issues and trauma and abuse - on both sides. My dad's mom was a narcissist and horribly physically abusive, and my mom's parents were and are both emotionally very manipulative and abusive, as well as my grandmother enabling my grandfather's copious drinking. My sister and I suspect that our mom's dad has BPD, but since he refuses therapy, we'll never know. Our mom never got real therapy for her serious issues growing up, and neither did my dad, so living with them was often a case of "what will set them off today? Who knows???" I constantly got the message that I was too emotional, a drama queen...except I was only modeling what I had seen from them and I was just a kid who didn't know how to handle big emotions.

Fortunately, my sister and I turned out alright from that, and I married a man who doesn't let anyone give me shit or let me talk badly about myself, and my in - laws, though not perfect, have been through abusive family relationships in their own lives and are supportive of me.

Spring Butterfly

Warm welcome and really glad you found us. It's so good you have your sister to walk by your side and support one another in real life. It sounds like you've done a good bit of healing already and you may find some useful information in the toolbox and also they Working On Us forum. Hopefully you find the community here as supportive in your continuing journey as they have been in mine. See you on the boards!
Every interaction w/ PD persons results in damage — prep beforehand and make time after to heal
blog for healing