PDBIL committing Fraud?

Started by NotFooled, November 14, 2019, 01:40:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NotFooled

So for a long time I suspected my PDBIL of being a scammer/flim flam man.  He's low functioning with a masters degree.  He was living at his mother's home but now lives with church friends without any long term employment.  He runs a ministry not related to any church just himself.  He collects funds online then goes on "mission trips" to either southern Europe or comic book conventions.  During these trips there doesn't seem to be any sensible mission work.  just hanging out with friends and sight seeing.

DH doesn't think this is fraud and his family really buys into this as reputable and being a good Christian.  But I think it's out and out fraud.  Am I missing something?

ladybirdgirl

Hey notfooled, people that have a PD are very clever at trying to make you believe their intentions are good.

This situation is quite close to home for me. My PDMIL ran a business that was fraudulent and she employed my husband, he had no idea what was going on when he started working for her. To cut a long story short, he almost ended up in prison and she still blames other people 5 years on.
She also held fundraisers to raise money for a holiday she wanted to go on. She told everyone that she was going away to do charity work and that wasn't the case at all.

I don't think people with a PD care much about what they are doing, my MIL certainly doesn't. And even if they get caught like my MIL did they still believe that they have done nothing wrong.

I hope that others start to see what is really going on with your BIL, instead of sweeping it under the carpet. My counsellor once said that as long as you know the truth then it doesn't matter if others believe you and that really helps when I feel like I'm alone in a situation.

I am very sorry though that others are not seeing this from your point of view, I know how frustrating that can be.