Newbie but Oldie...

Started by Emberleaf, November 21, 2019, 07:49:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Emberleaf

Hi!

Ive been NC with pretty much all of my FOO for nearly 10 years. I supported a sister through part of her cancer journey a couple of years ago until I was forthright about her gaslighting. I told her I think you are gaslighting me and I really find it hurtful... and she promptly cut me off so... yea for honesty! I feel better off for sure as gaslighting is definitely a form of abuse and it steals your energy!

Married for over 17 years with 5 children, I have been NC with the inlaws for over 8 years. This has been one of the best decisions I have ever made for myself and my children. I only wish I had done it sooner as remaining involved with them really damaged our marriage.

I am here to give and receive support as this can be a lonely sad and alienating but also an empowering and enlightening life journey.

notrightinthehead

Welcome! Looking forward to your posts.
I can't hate my way into loving myself.

Starboard Song

Welcome, Emberleaf! We are 4 years NC with my in-laws. Minimum collateral damage.

I'm glad you're here to share what you've learned and to learn from others.
Radical Acceptance, by Brach   |   Self-Compassion, by Neff    |   Mindfulness, by Williams   |   The Book of Joy, by the Dalai Lama and Tutu
Healing From Family Rifts, by Sichel   |  Stop Walking on Egshells, by Mason    |    Emotional Blackmail, by Susan Forward