New here

Started by Ive77777, November 17, 2019, 03:00:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ive77777

Wow, I'm grateful to have found this site again. I've always suspected of something very wrong with my spouse being arrogant, self entitled , extremely sensitive to any criticism , disconnected from others and so self absorbed but now he has revealed his true self and it's frightening . I was diagnosed with a chronic illness and he has disconnected from me completely . Won't take me to dr appts and minimizes me health issues , won't even acknowledge me . Has just decided not to deal with me. Has this happened to anyone ? Thanks for any info

Starboard Song

Welcome back. I am sorry to hear of your illness, and the poor support from the person you are most supposed to be able to rely upon.

I am sure you are not alone.
Radical Acceptance, by Brach   |   Self-Compassion, by Neff    |   Mindfulness, by Williams   |   The Book of Joy, by the Dalai Lama and Tutu
Healing From Family Rifts, by Sichel   |  Stop Walking on Egshells, by Mason    |    Emotional Blackmail, by Susan Forward

treesgrowslowly

Welcome Ive77777

I think there are people here who can relate. Some of us have PD parents, many of us had / have NPD partners. Lots of experience here to read about when you are ready to check the other boards.

I am sorry that you are having to deal with this when you also need to be focused on your own health and care.

As he disconnects from you, do you have other folks in your life who can offer some forms of support? Are there groups or social workers through your health care provider / hospital that you can find out about their services for people with your health needs and condition?

Trees

Ive77777

Thanks for your responses. I'm just trying to find my way through this. I dint have family where I'm at but I'll be going in December to be with family and friends. Hopefully it will be beneficial toward my overall health .