Holiday Thread 2019

Started by momnthefog, November 22, 2019, 07:11:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

momnthefog

A safe place to vent, rejoice, cry, and laugh.....what are your plans this year???

Are you volunteering, traveling, or making a choice for peace and quiet?

momnthefog
"She made broken look beautiful and strong look invincible.  She walked with the universe on her shoulders and made it look like a pair of wings."

momnthefog

Thanksgiving will be quiet....I hope....much changed from last year when BPDd caused a drama filled 4 days.  We are currently NC and she is with holding contact with gc. 

My son in the military will come home Monday.....since my kids are mostly grown, we are helping the young adults from our church prepare and serve Tgiving Day lunch at a local motel where many "homeless" families live.  We are all very excited about this opportunity and know that we will receive far more than than what we give on that day.

I hope and pray that each of the parents here will find peace, joy, serenity, and hope this week.  Ours is not a pleasant journey and not for the faint of heart....but it is our journey and there is no reason to feel alone.  There are many in this forum who have walked (or are walking) in similar shoes.

Blessings,

momnthefog
"She made broken look beautiful and strong look invincible.  She walked with the universe on her shoulders and made it look like a pair of wings."

Emmy

Christmas is approaching and although my son has given me the "silent treatment " for the last 2 months,  I wonder if it will be same as last year and the year before. I wonder if he will contact me again, just to celebrate Christmas and his birthday with us, collect his presents and enjoying a big dinner, before he gets offended again about a minor detail an cuts me off again. It is so tiring and so disappointing for his younger brothers and I would love to see that repetitive cycle to break.
I just would like peace, long lasting peace.
I wish that for all of us here.

momnthefog

Our family had a great T-giving with son home.  Youngest d reached out to older sis (BPD) to send her own T-giving greeting and got a nasty response which implied she needed to chose between a relationship with her and 8 yo niece and her mother. :stars:

Things are coming to a head with my 21 yo son who is still at home.  T dx him with ODD and attachment issues....my guess is he's somewhere on the PD spectrum.  It's been a roller coaster with him over the last year and he's been giving a month to move out.  This will be a very stressful due to that ongoing drama.  I'm quite sure he has no plan and I will be forced to put him in a hotel to stand my ground.

momnthefog