Happy Endings from Bagpuss

Started by HappyBagpuss, December 03, 2019, 06:46:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HappyBagpuss

I was formerly on here as Bagpuss and Bagpuss Reborn.  Cant remember my login for either.

I am currently supporting a friend of my husband's after she has suffered some serious Narc Abuse from her new husband.  I recommended she join here for when the support network I am trying to set up for her isnt there.  Also I think that validation is very important.  There are also so many tools she could use here.

I was reminded of this place in talking to her.  And I thought I ought to just check in and let some people know that it is possible to survive abuse and not just survive but to live a wonderful life.

With the support of friends, inspiration from here and the tools and information from here, I left my abuser in Feb 2017.

I had become close to a previous boyfriend in Jan 2017, we continued to be close.  I said in a post in November 2017 that if he asked me to marry him I would.  On Christmas Day 2017 he proposed.  We moved in together in 2018 and in June this year we married.

He is fully aware of the abuse I survived - I have talked about it relentlessly.  He has never judged.  He has let me talk, because he knows that that is part of my  healing.  He has let me be me.  In 2018 my Narc Ex was prosecuted for something unrelated to me - I attended Court to watch.  My husband said I came home a different person.  Empowered, enervated and free.

Nowadays I wake up with a smile on my face; I enjoy coming home; and being me is not just allowed, it is celebrated and embraced.

I am now supporting this lady (my hubby was a friend of her hubby, but when he discovered what her hubby had done he put us in touch).  I have suggested this place as a haven for her to learn and for support. 

But I just wanted people to know and try and take heart from the fact that there is life thereafter.  4 years ago, I was planning my own funeral.  My life now is so very very different.  Yours can be too.  It's hard, it's tough and some days you really dont want to go on.  But if from this post, one person has hope, then that is a good thing.

Keep grey rocking, keep medium chilling.  And in time you will get there.

Hope to all those struggling.

Baggy xx

guitarman

Welcome back.

It's good to hear some positive outcomes.

By helping others we help ourselves.

We all need to tell our stories and raise awareness about Narcissistic Abuse Syndrome and how targets of abuse can cope better. With the right support and information things CAN change.

Best wishes

Guitarman X
"Do not let the behaviour of others destroy your inner peace." - Dalai Lama

"You don't have to be a part of it, you can become apart from it." - guitarman

"Be gentle with yourself, you're doing the best you can." - Anon

"If it hurts it isn't love." - Kris Godinez, counsellor and author

Hattie

Hurray! I am so glad that things worked out for you Bagpuss! I am delighted you have found a lovely husband. It gives me hope.

Xxx
Love is patient; love is kind.
It does not envy; it does not boast.
It is not proud. It does not dishonour others.
It is not self-seeking. It is not easily angered.
It keeps no record of wrongs.
Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth.

1 Corinthians 13: 5-8.

1footouttadefog

Great to read your update.  It's kind of you to come back and let us know a positive outcome is possible.  I can seem so impossible when you are in the middle of the worst of it.