Introducing myself

Started by Worthy One, November 18, 2019, 06:13:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Worthy One

Hello!  I have been NC almost 3 years with my Narc Mom, and Brother.  I have not seen my physically abusive Father in 27 years.  The peace, and growth I've made in these 3 years is unbelievable!   Sometimes I feel lonely, but this feeling goes away, and I realize I have always been alone.  I'm getting much better trusting people.  I'm feeling more comfortable around others.  Deep inside though, l know I'm different.  I'm so happy to find this site!  I really cannot explain to others why I blocked my family.  They don't understand.  I hope to be able to grow even more with the support of you out there.  I also hope that I might encourage anyone else going through NC.

treesgrowslowly

Welcome!

I'm glad you found this sure. I went NC with abusive parent about 11 yeas ago and I have found the way to growth and health because of the NC. For me, I needed to have that boundary.

It's hard for people without PD family members to really get it. Lots of us here get it!

See you around the boards.

Trees

GoodFollow

guitarman

You are not alone.

I have an undiagnosed BPD/NPD sister. No one else knows what it is like unless they have experienced it all for themselves. The stress and abuse can be extreme.

What has really helped me, apart from posting here, is going to mental health carers support groups. If there isn't one near you perhaps you could set one up. There is a demand for such groups. I miss going to the groups if I can't get there. I have many people in my life who now help support me. We support each other through some very stressful, challenging times.

Keep calm. Keep strong. Keep talking.

Best wishes

Guitarman X
"Do not let the behaviour of others destroy your inner peace." - Dalai Lama

"You don't have to be a part of it, you can become apart from it." - guitarman

"Be gentle with yourself, you're doing the best you can." - Anon

"If it hurts it isn't love." - Kris Godinez, counsellor and author

GettingOOTF

Welcome. I am also NC with my FOO. I can't discuss it with anyone outside of therapy. I find it difficult to describe the level of abuse and people generally can't believe others could be that awful so they always excuse the behavior encourage me to ignore it. It's a tough spot to be in and it does feel lonely.

I'm glad you found this site and all the support it has to offer.