Books on NPD fathers

Started by Whitesheep45, December 01, 2019, 07:45:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Whitesheep45

Hi
Which books /websites have people found good re npd f..
Or type of f that gets with bpd wife?

Starboard Song

The second line of my signature is all about BPD and associated family stress. They are the ones that most helped us understand what we were dealing with, and to know we were not alone.

(The top line, by the way, were the self-help books that helped us heal ourselves: job one for so many people here.)
Radical Acceptance, by Brach   |   Self-Compassion, by Neff    |   Mindfulness, by Williams   |   The Book of Joy, by the Dalai Lama and Tutu
Healing From Family Rifts, by Sichel   |  Stop Walking on Egshells, by Mason    |    Emotional Blackmail, by Susan Forward

Wilderhearts

I've been reading "The Narcissistic Family," and while it's based on families that prioritize the parent system's real/perceived needs above the children's, I'd say all of it is directly applicable to NPD parents, even if the examples aren't necessarily as extreme.  It also covers covert abuse as well as overt abuse.  I was raised by an uNPDf and it's been extremely useful for gaining insight into our family dynamics.

wingspan

Shahida Arabi's book "Healing the children of narcissists" has a (shorter) chapter dedicated to the issues faced by daughters of narcissistic fathers (also one on daughters of narcissistic mothers). I haven't read the whole book yet, but so far find her writing to be clear and helpful.