If you want to hear God laugh...tell him your plans!!

Started by Concerned One, August 26, 2020, 11:35:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Concerned One

This time last year I was living with a very old Female narcissist. She was 90 when I left. She had money and property so could afford to be covert. None of her hangers-on would dare to put her in her place.

This was around the time I was new to the concept of narcissists. I'd just found out that my family were possibly narcs albeit covert.

Living with this woman was highly triggering. When she was nice she was very sweet and nice. But when she was possessed the whole world knew about it.

I'd be in my room and suddenly kitchen cupboards and drawers would slammed.  Now I know this triggered ancient memories from childhood.

Anyway, I had enough of her and left. Found a nice pad in a nice tree-lined quiet street. I really splashed out and intended to make it a safe haven.  I bought really good furniture and massive television etc. It was going to be my little slice of heaven after all the trauma I'd been through.  I signed up to a three year contract thinking I would be happy and safe here.

It didn't take long before I realized there was something not quite right with the neighbour upstairs. Nothing overt. Just little things. The loud farting was the first thing I noticed. I know it sounds silly but when your farts are loud enough to be heard in the next flat... loud television. Guitar. Then loud stereo. Then he began stomping hard and heavy.  Don't get me wrong, most of the time you don't hear a peep but when he decides to come out of his shell....

In the hallway if we accidentally bump into each other he's really timid and almost scared. His voice is effeminate.  But his behaviour in his flat comes across aggressive and makes me feel highly triggered.

I don't have this problem with any of the other tenants. Just my luck I had to get this guy on top of me. After everything.

I half believe it's a test now that my eyes are open to narcissism. God is throwing as many narcs my way as possible to show me how to deal with them.

veritas

Oh my goodness, I got a chuckle out of part of your post sorry. The farting part haha. I am sure its annoying and disgusting to hear, but its also funny.

And yes I truly do believe God laughs when we tell him our plans. The great thing is that with those plans if they even come to fruition he does even better things than we could imagine. Not sure why you are being faced with a slew of Narcissists but He knows. Once I learned about Narcissism it did open my eyes to seeing how there are many out there who are or who have attributes of it (I guess don't we all?). But the ones that really stand out to me are the mean narcissists or the ones who hide behind being nice and then slowly you see the mask melt away.

I sort of relate to your story about moving out hoping for peace only to find a new dilemma. I divorced several years ago and a few years later I moved out of the state since I wanted a clean slate and my boyfriend lived in that state. Living with my boyfriend these past 3+ years has given me a new perspective on my ex-husband. He by no means was a saint and he had some narcissistic traits but a full on Narcissist nope. Now my boyfriend he is a full-blown Narcissist and his mother who lives with us is a covert one so you know how fun my life is  :stars:

The only thing I can see is that God placed them in my life so I could shake off the divorce bitterness and move on in my mind for my own mental health by putting someone even worse in my path lol. I do love my boyfriend, but he tests my nerves on many levels. I just see it as growing pains God wants me to go through for some reason.

Concerned One

Quote from: veritas on September 24, 2020, 11:19:41 PM
Oh my goodness, I got a chuckle out of part of your post sorry. The farting part haha. I am sure its annoying and disgusting to hear, but its also funny.

And yes I truly do believe God laughs when we tell him our plans. The great thing is that with those plans if they even come to fruition he does even better things than we could imagine. Not sure why you are being faced with a slew of Narcissists but He knows. Once I learned about Narcissism it did open my eyes to seeing how there are many out there who are or who have attributes of it (I guess don't we all?). But the ones that really stand out to me are the mean narcissists or the ones who hide behind being nice and then slowly you see the mask melt away.

I sort of relate to your story about moving out hoping for peace only to find a new dilemma. I divorced several years ago and a few years later I moved out of the state since I wanted a clean slate and my boyfriend lived in that state. Living with my boyfriend these past 3+ years has given me a new perspective on my ex-husband. He by no means was a saint and he had some narcissistic traits but a full on Narcissist nope. Now my boyfriend he is a full-blown Narcissist and his mother who lives with us is a covert one so you know how fun my life is  :stars:

The only thing I can see is that God placed them in my life so I could shake off the divorce bitterness and move on in my mind for my own mental health by putting someone even worse in my path lol. I do love my boyfriend, but he tests my nerves on many levels. I just see it as growing pains God wants me to go through for some reason.

Indeed. I think what is happening here is we are being shown ourselves. The 'narcs' are our mirrors.

The triggering. The emotions we experience. How to deal with these.

It's not really about the other person so much as it about discovering who we are.

Being in this body is like being on an amusement ride. It has its ups and it has its downs.

I'm hoping at some point I'll get the hang of this and maybe even start enjoying it like so many others seems to do when they go to the funfair...