A perfect storm

Started by Shamrock74, December 21, 2019, 10:51:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shamrock74

Hello and this is my first post. In fact, this is my first attempt to distill this situation. Quick summary. Prior to 2014, I was a very successful, divorced, college educator and was a senior member in one of the worlds largest medical device companies. A father and man with a religious background. Grew up in an idyllic home with parents that stayed together and raised my brother and I well. Private education, university degrees and cohesive extended family.
My mother passed 7.years ago from cancer.

My normal understanding of life changed in every possible way in 16 months. In 2014 I got re-engaged to my ex wife and thus set off a cascade of events which redefined my life. My ex-wife had always had "quirks." little aspects easily attributed as an oddity or some different way of thinking. Comments such as her saying, " I can turn my feelings off like a light switch."  When in couples counseling I would use the term, mother Theresa to highlight her never apologizing for any wromg doing. Little did I know the significance of these actions. They led to my engagement being canceled and myself becoming despondent and seeking out anything to numb the loss of another shot at having a family of my own. During one of my business trips I met a woman who was both distraction and party friend. This whirlwind "romance" led to dating and an on again off again union in HELL. Yet, afforded me vast insight into how naive I was for most of my life. The initial fact paced nature of this was love bombing and then followed by the predictable devalue /discard phases. I was utterly devastated!! Along the way, with this all happening in one years time the following occured:engagement/broken engagement, 2 two week medical leaves ftom job due to health issues stress related, new boss, moving and buying new home, saying goodbye to grandfather for last time, being diagnosed with potentially lethal medical condition, after 4 months of intense manipulation a suicide attempt, car accident in company car, placed on probation at job due to deteriorating performance, eventually resigning my career, and finally being discarded by narcissitic GF. The next year saw me attempt to reclaim a career only to be blacklisted by former boss, liquidation of savings and investments, 401k, and selling house I just bought with cash! I also became addicted to alcohol then weaned myself off( never to have issues with it again) within this year. Also struggled with depression and suicidal ideation. Concurrent this year, now 2015, my ex wife was gradually alienating my daughter from me. The ex narcissitic GF hovered back into my life end of 2015 right as home was sold. Sold most of my things, put the rest in storage and planned on leasing a condo or apartment. The 4 months together had this wonderful person steal from me, invent a medical problem causing me to burn through cash at extreme rates and led to GI and other physical ailments. After depleted broke, and now discarded yet again, I turned to my father for help. It's now early 2016. Asked him to cosign for apartment just to be stable with living situation and allow me to be a dad again.  Month after month of looking and calling on apartments in 6 different cities had my father dangle condos and anything close to stable arrangements in my face. Even working with my realtor for two months only to change his mind when time to sign papers. Also in 2016, I had earned a position at a solar energy company with a 6 figure starting salary. I thought my woes of relying on my father to get by was behind me. I had been spending most of 2016 trying to figure out what the hell happened to me the last few years. Discovered I was an INFJ HSP and also realized my diagnosis as bi-polar /cyclotjymic was indeed a false narrative created by ex wife to make me less credible( this goes back 6 years!!!).  It's during this time it all crystallized. I saw what was behind the actions of those in my life going back decades. And then almost simultaneously, my once loving father and ex wife with oddities took thier masks off. Armageddon was before me. Soon that solar job was lost due to father's actions and in was even further alienated from my child. All my immediate family was driven away by these two people including my brother. Now totally isolated, sick, and reliant on my father. I was his test subject and toy. For years I was trying to get strong enough to simply support myself. Definitely have c ptsd depression, recurring joint attacks of gout limiting movement, lethal skin rashes, and I haven't touched on half of the obstacles currently in front of me. I've gone round and round with 3 (ex GF definitely a malignant narc, ex wife bpd/narcissitic hoarder, and father admittedly empathy deficient manipulative sadist) very damaging people. I've kicked ex GF out of my life now for good. Still dealing with ex wife and father. Sought help from various sources but all have failed. Anyone gone through anything like this and have any advice or thoughts?  I am an extremely well educated, former bodybuilder and driven person who has always been self sufficient. Now I am a broken down mess.

sarandro

Hi, I'm sorry you have had to go through all that...you have come to the right place, the folks here can help you.

This forum has enabled me to cope with my own weird situation and I'm sure it will be of benefit to you.

Welcome