uPDbro1 gave my phone number as his contact number

Started by D.Dan, January 02, 2020, 11:19:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

D.Dan

Got a call from a random pharmacy I never heard of, for my uPDbro1's prescriptions. They only had my phone number listed for him for some reason. This wouldn't be so weird if it weren't for 4 facts:

1) he has a working cell on him at all times (he just turns it off so nobody can call him)
2) he lives at our sis's house, not here (pays rent to her)
3) he never asked to use my number
4) he never used this pharmacy before, when he DID live with me so they shouldn't have my number by accident!

Our uPDmom already has an excuse lined up, "because you'll definitely answer the phone." Then she went on to describe him as being soooo selfless  :roll:.... seems pretty SELFISH to me!

p123

Quote from: D.Dan on January 02, 2020, 11:19:22 AM
Got a call from a random pharmacy I never heard of, for my uPDbro1's prescriptions. They only had my phone number listed for him for some reason. This wouldn't be so weird if it weren't for 4 facts:

1) he has a working cell on him at all times (he just turns it off so nobody can call him)
2) he lives at our sis's house, not here (pays rent to her)
3) he never asked to use my number
4) he never used this pharmacy before, when he DID live with me so they shouldn't have my number by accident!

Our uPDmom already has an excuse lined up, "because you'll definitely answer the phone." Then she went on to describe him as being soooo selfless  :roll:.... seems pretty SELFISH to me!

Sounds like he wants you as a free PA! Block the number....

NumbLotus

For various reasons, including Fear of MIL, we are very, very bad at answering the phone at this house. If you call, you are most likely getting voice mail.

Somehow we still manage prescriptions without involving random other people.

1) You don't have to answer. Pharmacies do this thing called LEAVE A MESSAGE if they don't reach the party.

2) Most pharmacies now will TEXT YOU. Yay for phone-a-phobes!!

I'd call the pharmacy and tell them they have a weong number associated with an account. You don't have to know the correct number, just have yours off. They don't need to know it's your brother. Even if you have the same last name, doesn't mean you know him.

And, I would not pass along a single message, including through any mediaries, maternal or otherwise.

NO.
Just a castaway, an island lost at sea
Another lonely day, noone here but me
More loneliness than any man could bear

D.Dan

It's more likely that he wants to use me as emergency medical storage. (As well as sneak into staying at my house because his meds would be here)

He's type1 diabetic with autonomic diabetic neuropathy. He regularly scams people into doing things for him/giving him money/taking care of him through self induced medical neglect. He's even died to force hospitals to house him (though this seems to have stopped). His scams are starting to fail though, people know exactly what he's doing and are starting to refuse helping him, so he's been storing things at random locations for just in case he's on his own.

I gave them his number, removed my info (let them know he doesn't live here) and told them to text him.

NumbLotus

Quote from: D.Dan on January 02, 2020, 12:34:19 PM
He's even died to force hospitals to house him (though this seems to have stopped).

I know that's a typo but lol. Glad his manipulative deaths have stopped  ;)

D.Dan

Quote from: NumbLotus on January 02, 2020, 12:44:26 PM
Quote from: D.Dan on January 02, 2020, 12:34:19 PM
He's even died to force hospitals to house him (though this seems to have stopped).

I know that's a typo but lol. Glad his manipulative deaths have stopped  ;)
Um... that's not a typo....

They're having more and more trouble resuscitating him each time. He's died at least 30 times now and he's in his early 30's. Nobody thinks he's gonna reach 40.

NumbLotus

:jawdrop:

I apologize. I really thought that was a typo for "tried."

Wow. I am sorry.

D.Dan

D.Dan

uPDbro1 actually dying is one of those "EXTREME" behaviours that I've never heard about anywhere else.