2020 focus word

Started by Oscen, January 04, 2020, 06:56:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oscen

I like the idea of choosing an "annual focus word", rather than a new year's resolution.

As it is 2020, it seems only fitting to choose "clear vision".

I choose clear vision in every way - to see things as they are; the unvarnished truth  - handled with the protective gloves of kindness, of course.  ;)

Clear vision helps me not only see the past and present without the fog; I also see a clear vision of the future - a transformative vision, where I dare to live a happy, free life. A life for myself. My life.

Penny Lane

This is really interesting! I'll have to think about mine. I usually do resolutions around traveling but I don't think I'm going to travel much this year, so I'm a little at a loss.

athene1399

Mine is "mindfulness". I want to work on staying in the moment.

maybeimthecrazyone

clear vision
mindfulness

Great concepts to focus on.

I randomly started using CBT app, and it's amazing how often negative perceptions invade my mind.... skewed vision right? With mindfulness, Im finding Im catching and correcting my thoughts before they get processed into incorrect emotions.

Cheers! Peace.

Associate of Daniel

2 words come to my mind:

Courage and... declutter.

I want to be braver for myself. Try new things. Get back to old activities which might require auditioning etc.

Declutter my house more.  It's not too bad but it's enough for it to be annoying for me.

AOD

Poison Ivy

Two words:  1) Declutter (doing well with this). 2) Silence (not doing well with this; sometimes I replace it with "shut up" (to myself).)

Findingmyvoice

Mine would be "personal development"
I need to focus on things that are important like getting back to my group therapy once in a while, making time for exercise, being more present at work.

Crushed_Dad

Quote from: Findingmyvoice on February 12, 2020, 11:02:34 AM
Mine would be "personal development"
I need to focus on things that are important like getting back to my group therapy once in a while, making time for exercise, being more present at work.

echo this, will be doing an exam over the next 3-4 months which will complete the CFA's IMC exam. Regular exercise has started back on this week, no excuse not to cover at least 20-30km running a week. I find that other than handover with the children our family life between ex and I is now completely separate. I'm happy to meet up with other women but I wont be progressing anything with any kind of pace.

losingmyself

Mine would be bravery.
I need to be brave enough to share my story with the people that I know love me and care about me.

xredshoesx

mine's NO

as in it's ok to say no.  without JADE.  NO!