Hi

Started by Positive-Pea, January 17, 2020, 08:38:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Positive-Pea

long story short, mother of 3 (1 with my soon to be x husband), he threatened to harm myself and my children, ongoing abuse verbally, mentally, physically and emotionally. I fled with the help of police and moved 5 hours away from where I lived to be safe, he ended up in the same town due to a "friend" telling him my location, I was ok until my next door neighbour informed me she knows him and has been at her house on multiple occasions, while we have been home. As you can imagine I was a wreck. He than got a solicitor involved and pushed for straight up visits with my/our child, I ended up seeking legal advice and took him to mediation, the mediator seen the reports and said he would have to take me to court and there will only be supervised visits........ I was happy with that, as it's still important for my daughter to see her father. Started visitation before Christmas, he got served divorce papers over the Christmas break and has now requested he takes me back to mediation as the times don't "suit" him anymore due to work. It was fine before than but since landed with papers he's being difficult.
This has triggered me, I have spent the last 5 days crying, in fear and feeling sick! It comes in waves but this is the biggest wall of water so far........
Why, just why?

That's my novel  :wave:

Penny Lane

Welcome PositivePea!

Wow, you have been through a lot. And it sounds like it's going to be rough for awhile before it gets better.

From what you've already managed to do, it's clear that you are strong and you can handle it, as hard as it might be! You can persevere and thrive despite your ex's efforts to the contrary.

I suggest you look through the toolbox at the top - it has some good strategies for dealing with someone with a personality disorder. And some of the folks on the separating/divorcing and coparenting boards have been in your shoes and can offer advice or just support.

:bighug:

FogDawg

Quote from: Penny Lane on January 17, 2020, 08:51:52 AM
From what you've already managed to do, it's clear that you are strong and you can handle it, as hard as it might be! You can persevere and thrive despite your ex's efforts to the contrary.

I second this. You are handling a difficult time quite well, all things considered. Welcome to the forum, Positive-Pea.