Lack of FMs

Started by Maisey, January 16, 2020, 07:17:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maisey

It seems Mil's supply of FMs may have run dry.

In the latest segment of my NC  drama with MIL, I got a good laugh about  the FM she managed to come up with.

Not that I am doubting MIL's ability to stir the cauldron, but, wow , that latest FM was a dud. I almost feel sorry for MIL.

What happens next, when they have no more FMs? Spontaneous combustion?

M.

all4peace

In my experience, MIL simply circles back to her old behavior, her old boundary busters, all the same thing, over and over again, even if it is getting further spread out between episodes.

Pepin

PDs will revisit supply even if it is 20 years later...they are restless and will latch on to anyone and tell their sob story.  My father managed to get himself adopted by a group of people in his town because he routinely showed up for their "gatherings."  They have no clue what kind of a person he is...other than what seemingly looks like a helpless old man.

Maisey

Quote from: Pepin on January 17, 2020, 11:20:02 AM
They have no clue what kind of a person he is...other than what seemingly looks like a helpless old man.

I can understand that, and this is what makes me come off as an awful person....that MIL is an elderly woman. I think people I've had to recently introduce to the problems I am dealing with may be wondering if I am being spiteful or resentful to a person who is elderly. They don't have an inkling into what MIL has caused for decades. Its only that she won't let up still that I verbally told her no contact. The antagonism is coming from her direction, not mine.

Of course MIL is using that against me, I shouldn't have expected anything else. I think MIL is capable of doing anything she sets her mind to.

Perhaps I am inflating  my perception of what other's negative perceptions of me may be. 

No matter what I do, MIL will twist it up to reflect badly on me. She has proven over and over. That is a life lesson.

All4, the repetitive bs has worn me down. I am trying to "just refuse to allow it in my life anymore", but I don't see that possible  with MIL.  I was discussing this with someone  and  I said "next will be a gift". Within a week I got info thru the grapevine that MIL was trying to get a gift delivered via the FM. MIL made  a weak FM choice, and I did get a chuckle about that flopping.

Of course it IS still in my life cause i am here typing about it. I don't see it ever ending. I think my red line drawing is amping it up.

M.

M,