Greetings Earthlings: New relationships are fraught

Started by RESIST2020, January 20, 2020, 09:35:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RESIST2020

Hi folks,
Am new to this site. Doing a bit of delving into my hidden motivations with behaviours that drive my friends and relatives crazy. Am in a new relationship that has become very important to me and I need to parse this out so I don't break it. Here we go.

xredshoesx

welcome to the group-

new relationships can be both exciting and anxiety producing at the same time.  to be clear, Out of the FOG is a website for people who are seeking help/advice/validation about a relationship with someone who may have a personality disorder.  for us to help you find the best forum for your questions we need to know a little more about your current situation.

Starboard Song

Welcome to Out of the FOG, and congratulations on a new and valued relationship.

Our community is full of folks who struggle with the stress and pain that comes from the personality disorder of an acquaintance or loved one. Some are here to learn to manage the relationship better. Others are here to end a relationship gracefully. And many more struggle to heal from the scars inflicted upon them by someone with a personality disorder.

I hope that you can read, read, read, and learn more of what you are looking for, and we look forward to hearing more of your story when you are ready. You mention your own hidden motivations and your own behaviors, and that these tend to drive your friends and relatives crazy. If you believe you yourself have a personality disorder, this is not the correct place to investigate or to discuss that part of your journey.

One essential ingredient to success as an earthling is self-awareness. By coming to this site for assistance, by attempting to observe yourself and make changes, you have already demonstrated self-awareness. So congratulations on that: you can parse this all out. You can be your very best.

Be good. Be strong.
Radical Acceptance, by Brach   |   Self-Compassion, by Neff    |   Mindfulness, by Williams   |   The Book of Joy, by the Dalai Lama and Tutu
Healing From Family Rifts, by Sichel   |  Stop Walking on Egshells, by Mason    |    Emotional Blackmail, by Susan Forward

FogDawg

Greetings, RESIST2020. Being self-aware and wanting to change is a great start. Best of luck to you.