Wedding Dress

Started by Kat54, January 24, 2020, 10:41:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kat54

I'm starting to see the humor in some things. My daughter had my car for a couple days and when I got it back in the back was my wedding dress!  She called me right away and said her father was cleaning out the attic and put it in my car. He told her I should burn it!  Haaaa maybe I should. 

At first I cried and felt super sad, but then I took a step back and remembered what an angry person he is and how grateful I am to not be around such a toxic person. I did feel bad for my daughter that she has to endure his anger.  And probably the wedding dress set him off. I could see it now, him tossing it into my car...the box was crushed. And telling her in his nasty tone tell your mother to burn it.

But today driving to work I cranked up some of my favorite music and sang and envisioned that scene with the dress. It just made me chuckle instead of cry.

GettingOOTF

That is a terrible thing for him to say to your daughter, who is a result of that marriage. He is a terrible person and they life is so much richer without him.

BeautifulCrazy

Way to turn it around Kat!!  :chickendance:

Kat54

I did say to her how hurtful it was to hear that. Then to kind of back track she said it was just a joke and that her father was saying I probably want to burn it.  I told her if it weren't for that dress there would of been no marriage and no kids. I don't look at that dress as something terrible and I don't hate her father so saying things like that is unproductive.