Movies

• 1 Replies

Daized

Movies
« on: January 26, 2020, 11:53:55 AM »
I have searched many times for movies representing covert narcissism. Most of the lists are movies with extreme grandiose and overt characters. I find it odd also that there seems to be more movies depicting women with nod than men.

Anyway, there are 3 movies that have helped me understand the male covert narc in my life as well as myself.
The wife
Big Fish
Wizard of Oz

Anyone else gain insight from these movies?
Any others you would recommend?

D.Dan

Re: Movies
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2020, 11:30:08 AM »
For me it's like a type of validation to see a similar pwPD on the screen because you know someone ran into another person like that. Also, I can point out characters my PDs are like so people understand a bit easier.

I haven't actually seen the movies you listed but these are the ones my PDs are like.

-Single White Female
-Lord of the rings: the return of the king (scenes with Denethor and Faramir)
-Tangled (Mother Gothel)

Combine the behaviour of the roommate with Denethor, put them inside a tiny, frail looking old woman, you have my uPDmom. When she is happy and kind, she acts like Mother Gothel.

-Frozen (Hans)
-Fantastic Mr.Fox
-Sleeping with the enemy

My uPDex. He behaved like Hans, but did things like Mr.Fox. Chaos making hiding behind a gentle demeanour. After he confessed to "sexually exploiting a minor online", he started behaving like the husband in sleeping with the enemy which started setting off my danger instincts.