Attitude

Started by Crushed_Dad, January 23, 2020, 10:51:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crushed_Dad

I was lucky enough to meet someone quite extraordinary last night. During in an interview they challenged the way their audience thought about themselves, not just in the case of winning or losing but in every single aspect of their life. They characterised discipline and strength of mind as key attributes contributing towards their success. They talked about losing and maintaining humility,  remembering what really matters in your life, preserving it and looking after yourself. This is turn breeding confidence and belief in your choices.

I was told what it means to rediscover your hunger for something and then breaking down all possible walls to get it. To focus on removing the weaknesses we have that prevent us from achieving what we want and to remember that if we don't always get there than perhaps we've shown our children, or their children after them the road towards a successful future.

They admitted they were never too big, or too clever to look for the help and guidance of others, anything that would help them prepare themselves of give them an edge.

The guy's name was Anthony Joshua and it was pretty inspirational stuff.

pushit

Listening to these kinds of talks have helped me a lot in gaining a new direction in life.  Not necessarily in terms of dealing with my exPDw, but in terms of learning myself and finding a better way to live.  I would recommend checking out Jocko Willink, Team Never Quit, and (especially) any interview of David Goggins.  Listening to the mental fortitude some people have, and realizing you can go through a lot more than you are is very inspiring.

Crushed_Dad

He was a huge advocate of motivational speaking, said he listened to at least one a day. Mentioned no-one directly but that he scoured youtube for inspiration.