A Reminder

Started by Lauren17, January 28, 2020, 12:10:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lauren17

I've decided to stay until I get both kids to college in order to shield DD from uBPD-MIL and -H. But, I've been reading more literature lately about passive aggressive behavior and verbal abuse. A recurring theme is that kids will be happier post divorce and it's caused me to question that decision. Then  I got a reminder.
DD the younger went to a slumber party.  It had been the topic of much discussion, as these things are.  I dropped her off before H got home.  The next morning as I went I pick her up I said something along the lines of: I'll be back in a few minutes and I'll have a kid with me. He asked me to repeat myself so I did. Got the standard answer: "ok" and off I went.
That evening, DD the older told me that after I left this morning H found her and asked where I'd gone. He didn't know that DD the younger was at a sleepover.  :sadno: How do you not notice your child isn't at home?!!
I've cried a thousand rivers. And now I'm swimming for the shore" (adapted from I'll be there for you)

bloomie

Lauren17 - oh wow that is disheartening. I guess you don't notice children are gone for the night when you have don't have responsibility to engage with them and one hasn't been paying attention to what is going on in their own home. :upsidedown:
The most powerful people are peaceful people.

The truth will set you free if you believe it.