A Little Bit Lost.

Started by Sweetbriar, February 03, 2020, 08:54:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

_apparentlywicked

Maybe not all things can be resolved.

Maybe you would like to attempt resolution, but the other party won't let that happen no matter what you say or do.

Somethings in life just are not going to happen, and it doesn't mean you are a bad person, or uncaring. Sometimes its not possible because the other party is making it that way.

I know. I hear you. So much of life and relationships is about dealing with disagreements in healthy ways. But then you have personality disorders. And it's not just the individual with the PD, it's people around them who've been groomed into their narrative.

This is where you need a new perspective. A new realisation that you don't need other people to give you resolution. You give yourself resolution. You accept your reality of a situation and you don't need other people's validation.

There will never be a resolution that relies on the cooperation of others. Your resolution comes from the confidence in your judgement.

My toxic parent is unable to give me any closure or healing. I'm deciding what I think and feel and how I'm framing it. I decide when it's resolved in my mind and it's happening away from him and with no help from him.

That's the only route out of the madness and to reclaiming your wholeness. It may be that as I resolve the abuse I decide to let him go forever. But that would merely be an outworking of the work I'm doing on myself and does not rely on him to say or do anything.

Love and peace
🦋