Sibling abuse - SA trigger warning

Started by bookbutterfly, February 09, 2020, 04:10:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bookbutterfly

I've just had a call from the police after reporting some historical abuse my then teenage siblings did to me when i was 5. They are both horrible people and one has 2 kids who she treats terribly. Hence I reported them.

The phone call has completely knocked me for six and alarmed me. I am already dealing with CPTSD and having zero family after going NC and having an update from the police at a time like this has left me hysterically crying. Thankfully i had a friend who rang me and i bawled my out to her. I'm hoping I can sleep ok and just distract myself with work tomorrow...

Life feels pretty damn horrific today and I feel like an abandoned child, barely able to cope.

Why is life so awful and when will things get better....i don't know how much more i can take....

nanotech

I'm offering my support, and I know you have lots of others on here who will have your back.  I'm so sorry for all that's happened to you.
Unfortunately the police can be a bit heavy handed regarding sensitive issues.
I'm sending my thoughts.
Sleep well.
Even though you are upset now, your mind and body will feel all the more healthy for it in time. Even if it doesn't feel like it right now, you'll feel better.

NumbLotus

Thank you for reporting and taking a brave step to protect other children.
Just a castaway, an island lost at sea
Another lonely day, noone here but me
More loneliness than any man could bear

xredshoesx

1.  if she experienced it first hand and think her nieces and nephews may be experiencing it, she's a got both a legal and moral obligation to report it, eps if she is in a state with mandated reporter laws.  the OP does go along and add that the folks that abused her also treat their children horribly.

2.  it's kind of against everything this forum stands for to question the abuse that anyone experienced at the hands of someone with a PD or uPD.

bookbutterfly i am a mandated reporter.  every time i make that phone call with a fellow staff member it takes me back to a place i never want another child to have to be in.  it is very difficult and it will make you triggered because you are ripping off the scabs and reopening those old wounds.  be gentle with yourself today. 

bloomie

bookbutterfly - you have done a brave and necessary thing in reporting this and advocating for innocent children who are in harms way. I too, want to thank you for doing this with all of my heart!

You have refused to stay silent in the face of evil in spite of the cost to your own peace of mind. Keep reaching out here and with your trusted friends and possibly a counselor or someone who is a spiritual guide to you. Sending you strength and peace in the coming days.
The most powerful people are peaceful people.

The truth will set you free if you believe it.

appaloosa

I wish someone had reported my parent to the authorities--maybe it wouldn't have done any good back in the 60s/70s, idk. I remember a friend in 7th grade looking at the black and blue welts on my legs from a belting and saying she told her mother and her mother wanted to tell the police. Children are so helpless. Thank you for reporting.