Unintentional grey rock?

Started by rubixcube, February 09, 2020, 07:43:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rubixcube

Has anyone ever unintentionally gone grey rock or medium chill?

Maybe these toolbox techniques came out of natural reactions to PDs inability to address behavior problems?

I feel like the past year I've been MC and GRing just as a natural matter of survival.

My ucovertNPDw just asked to separate. It seems surreal, like everything I heard all of you old timers say when I came here in FOG is playing out exactly as you and the literature said it would. 

I think I naturally went GR and MC to avoid spending my life arguing, knowing conversation would go nowhere. What has your experience been as you came Out of the FOG?

LemonLime

I'd been using MC and GR with my uPDsib for years.  Just didn't know it had a name until I came to this forum.   :D
Good luck, Rubixcube

Lauren17

I think that MC and Grey Rock can become a habit, just like most behaviors. I've found that especially with MC.

I hope you are doing ok with the separation request. I'm guessing that came as a surprise.
I've cried a thousand rivers. And now I'm swimming for the shore" (adapted from I'll be there for you)

fish2019

I agree, I think the worse they treat us the more we just kind of break and become lifeless... which mimics grey rock in a way I guess. I was so broken by the end that I had become totally withdrawn and quiet. Now I'm out of that situation it's crazy how different I am, it's like he completely drained the life out of me.

FreeSophia

yes, absolutely. I lived for years in a state of grey rock, MC.