Weird Behaviour of PD's

Started by Sweetbriar, February 10, 2020, 11:19:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sweetbriar

Hi startwhereyouare,

What wise words and actions. It is good for me to think on this. In regards to the disorder in my family, yes, I do think they have it worse than I do. I think because they are so unwilling to try to see things as they are and change them. I spose it's like cleaning under the sink. We avoid it (or i avoid it often) because I don't want to deal with what I might find underO there. But when you do it, you feel so much more balanced and refreshed. I wish my family would have the courage to do this but that is not up to me. It is their choice. Sadly I do not see my parents making this choice. I hope my sister one day does.

On that note, I feel the urge to clean my house. Have felt ill for over a week now, and feel it needs a cleanse. I am grateful for you comment and your example of such strength. Your children will benefit from your difficult choices. You have shown them that old patterns in this world, that are destructive, need not be followed if they cause harm.

I am going to try to model this to my child.

GettingOOTF

QuoteBut I learned you can't give more than your abundance

So well put. Thank you startwhereyouare

startwhereyouare

Thank you, I learned that from HIS therapist.... oh, the irony!  PD's are empty of their own energy, which explains why my abundance would run on E. I kept giving mine. I have to practice grey rock method just to get through the short legal encounters we have so that I do not give him any more of my energy. It sucks, I see and feel him draining our DD, but we cannot be responsible for everyone, especially when they become adults. I see him doing and saying all of the same things that sucked me in almost 25 years ago. And of course I raised my kids to be empaths, but never thought to guard them from their own father in this way. I'm also practicing mindfulness and meditations, I use a Christian app, but there are several out there. I have 30 affirmations printed out, and say them daily. I keep them to remind myself I am the only one that needs to validate what happened to me, what I experienced, I am not crazy, and keeps me grounded in reality, the real one. It helps. It helps me keep from continually minimizing or dismissing his behavior, which I have done for more than 2 decades.  Keep charging on!