Hello I'm new

Started by lazarus, February 13, 2020, 01:59:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lazarus

Hello all I am new here but glad I found this site as I am suffering from serious carers fatigue.  My daughter was diagnosed with bpd (eupd) seven years ago and its been non stop ever since. Hospital, psychiatrists, gp visits, drama drama drama drama. I also have a full time job and parents who are unwell too and need a lot of support.  It will be a relief to speak to others who understands what its like to be a parent of bpd sufferer.

FogDawg

Welcome, Lazarus. That sounds draining. I hope that you find what you need here. Best of luck.

rubixcube

Welcome!
This is definitely the right place. Validation goes a long way in healing our drained emotional energy!

lazarus

Thanks for the replies.  Nobody else in my life really understands what its like to cope with my daughters mood swings and almost daily drama.Obviously their patience is wearing thin. Its a very boring subject to those around me so I tend to keep the reality of it all to myself.  I'd love to know what caused the bpd.  I've got a feeling it was probably bullying at school that triggered it in the first place .  i am tired - really really tired of being the strong supportive voice of reason. I must always stay neutral and never appear overly happy or sad about anything.  I wonder how it will all end because the situation I am in can't go on forever.

Spring Butterfly

Welcome and that sounds terribly draining. So many of us here ask why? What caused this? There's an added layer on parents of PD that adds to the pain. This link might comfort you:
https://outofthefog.website/relationships-1/2015/12/6/children-who-hurt-themselves-and-others

Please do take some time around the Toolbox especially the section What To Do and the topic Working on Us for some self care tips
https://outofthefog.website/what-to-do-1

There's also a subsection of the forum especially dedicated to parents and the challenges you face.

Wishing you peace as you find ways to cope and I hope that you find the community here as supportive for you as it has been for me.
Every interaction w/ PD persons results in damage — prep beforehand and make time after to heal
blog for healing