Not a fun night

Started by 11JB68, February 22, 2020, 10:47:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

11JB68

I was really looking forward to tonight. Ds finally had a sat night off, invited friends over who haven't been here in a while. Updh took his time working which made me a little late running errands, but manageable. Then he wanted me to do something with him when I got home...ok. then, friends are going to be here any minute, he abruptly says to me are you gonna clean the bathroom? (Ok, tell me if I'm wrong here, when you hear clean the bathroom, do you think clean the whole bathroom, or just the toilet bowl??) I heard whole bathroom. Since I had cleaned in there a couple days ago and cleaned the floor this am I was confused. I asked, why what's wrong with the bathroom? He gave some vague answer about well go look. I said what am I looking for? He says the toilet needs to be cleaned. Oh ok I said, well you can could have been more specific... And I took care of it.
He goes outside, comes back in asks me to come in the other room... To tell me he's pissed off at me. He shouldn't have to explain himself. I've triggered him because this is what he's going through with his client, he says stuff, client doesn't get it. Says I'm taking his side etc. I say, I'm not, and I'm not him. I don't argue more though as I'm still trying to mc and not jade. I apologise for triggering him. I do explain that 1) I had just cleaned in there, 2) I was sorry of rushing around and his request too me aback 3) cleaning the toilet bowl is a5 second thing, not a big deal.
I swear I think he is purposely vague about stuff as a way of testing people to see if they can figure out what he wants, then an excuse to be mad if we either do it wrong or ask questions!
We got past that. Then he was rude to me during dinner. Then he and his friend controlled the entire evenings discussions. Then when we were going to move to another more comfortable room, I said we could go there.... Then  he said we could go over there,  so I waited, them he tells me lead the way. I said no, you go. (Because I didn't want to argue about which room to go to). He got mad about that! Ugh.
Everyone went home, then he asks me if I had fun. Oh yeah, sure...

Penny Lane

I agree that he was being purposely vague to test you. There's no right answer. If you'd gone in and cleaned the toilet bowl, he would have said that he meant to clean the whole bathroom. If you said you already cleaned the bathroom he would've wanted you to do it again.

I'm sorry, this sounds so impossible to deal with.