Strategies are working!

Started by Phoenix Rising, February 26, 2020, 11:43:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Phoenix Rising

Today, my PDgran asked another family member to tell me to call a friend of mine. Short story was that PDgran was car watching for the friend's mother, the car wasn't in the driveway this morning. I'm 6000+km away... I have concern about what happened to the car but it's not really my problem. The family lives right across the street from PDgran.

I get a text from the family member saying that PDgran wants me to call my friend and have that person call her. I responded with my friend's phone number and said that PDgran can phone her herself.

30 mins later, PDgran calls and says that the phone number isn't working. The friend has had the same phone number for 15 years.

PDgran: "I don't need this, I have my own problems. Don't you have another number?"

"No, sorry."

"Can't you write them on FB? I went across the street and there were many cars in the driveway. Banged the door and no one answered."

"Sorry, I don't use FB."

"This is really disrupting my routine. I woke up and saw the car was gone and I haven't eaten. I can't believe she would leave on vacation and not give me a number...."

"You know grandma, I'm in the middle of something so I have to go. Have a good day."

In the past, conversations with her would have lasted hours and I would have done her bidding. This one only lasted two minutes or so.

So this is a step in the right direction... thought I'd share  :)
And here you are living despite it all..

Know this: the person who did this to you is broken. Not you... I will not watch you collapse

p123

Quote from: ingenting on February 26, 2020, 11:43:17 AM
Today, my PDgran asked another family member to tell me to call a friend of mine. Short story was that PDgran was car watching for the friend's mother, the car wasn't in the driveway this morning. I'm 6000+km away... I have concern about what happened to the car but it's not really my problem. The family lives right across the street from PDgran.

I get a text from the family member saying that PDgran wants me to call my friend and have that person call her. I responded with my friend's phone number and said that PDgran can phone her herself.

30 mins later, PDgran calls and says that the phone number isn't working. The friend has had the same phone number for 15 years.

PDgran: "I don't need this, I have my own problems. Don't you have another number?"

"No, sorry."

"Can't you write them on FB? I went across the street and there were many cars in the driveway. Banged the door and no one answered."

"Sorry, I don't use FB."

"This is really disrupting my routine. I woke up and saw the car was gone and I haven't eaten. I can't believe she would leave on vacation and not give me a number...."

"You know grandma, I'm in the middle of something so I have to go. Have a good day."

In the past, conversations with her would have lasted hours and I would have done her bidding. This one only lasted two minutes or so.

Good for you. I started to get that - can you phone x, to phone y to make an appt then ask y to call you and then you call me. NO. Just call yourself......

Then I'd get "but I can't hear well on the phone". Get your hearing aid fixed (he can't be bothered because it works fine apparently).... Round and round in circles.

Phoenix Rising

Quote from: p123 on February 26, 2020, 11:50:35 AM
Quote from: ingenting on February 26, 2020, 11:43:17 AM

"No, sorry."

"Sorry, I don't use FB."

Good for you. I started to get that - can you phone x, to phone y to make an appt then ask y to call you and then you call me. NO. Just call yourself......

Then I'd get "but I can't hear well on the phone". Get your hearing aid fixed (he can't be bothered because it works fine apparently).... Round and round in circles.

Lol yeah really! It's funny how they can pick up the phone for anything else... like telling other people to tell you things but they can't do it for themselves. Same thing in your situation with your dad's hearing aid. It's been awhile since she's tried and I'm glad I was able to shut it down quickly. It's really tough cause I never know when it will come
And here you are living despite it all..

Know this: the person who did this to you is broken. Not you... I will not watch you collapse