Update . . . I got a letter

Started by Adria, February 27, 2020, 09:11:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Adria

Over the last couple weeks, I have had much anxiety and posted about sending a letter to a very special cousin, (we've been NC for nearly 30 years because of smear campaigns.)  My last post was I did not receive an answer and it grieved me. 

Last night, when retrieving the mail, there was a letter from him.  It was a beautiful handwritten four page letter about his children and grandchildren, fond memories of us together when we were younger, and a line or two about how he had noticed strange and inappropriate antics that went on at our house. Just couldn't identify what was going on. 

Anyway, it was a very warm, heartfelt letter. I couldn't sleep all night, I was so excited!  I'm hoping this may possibly open doors to some other cousins as well. 

Thank you everyone here for your support. It has been a rough couple of weeks thinking I put myself out there and received nothing.  But, looks like things turned around. I couldn't be happier :yes:. Hugs, Adria
For a flower to blossom, it must rise from the dirt.

NumbLotus

I am just thrilled for you. What a gift. What a relief.

I had wondered if he maybe felt like "I want to respond thoughtfully, need to chew on it and find some time." Of course, I knew it was just as likely to be anything else, but hoped that was the case. How wonderful that it was.
Just a castaway, an island lost at sea
Another lonely day, noone here but me
More loneliness than any man could bear

Adria

NumbLotus,

Thank you so much.  It is a great gift and a tremendous relief because I felt a fool.

Turns out, they had been on vacation, so didn't get the letter right away. The thought crossed my mind, but I thought sure, what are the chances of them being out of town when I mailed the letter.  Of course that would be the untimely timing that I would send the letter.

I think I will be able to relax now. Whewww!

Blueberry Pancakes

So happy for you Adria. Thank you for the update. What a re-affirming and lovely response. I am glad you have eachother. I will remember your story as an example that we can indeed have good people in our lives and healthy relationships. Blessings to you.     

Adria

_apparentlywicked

Ah that's lovely Adria. You have so much to catch up on! We're so cautious and always waiting for painful invalidation!  Good people validate you ❤️❤️

Adria

Thank you so much Apparentlywicked.

QuoteWe're so cautious and always waiting for painful invalidation!  Good people validate you ❤️❤️

That is so true.  Decades and decades of it and never seeing anything change makes you that way.  Maybe this is a turning point.
He was always one of the best people I ever knew.

nanotech

I'm happy for you honey!
This is both closure and a newly opened door for you!
❤️❤️☺️

Adria

Nanotech,

Thank you so much. I can't believe how much it has changed something inside of me.  I can't even explain what it is. I just feel like a more relaxed connected person. I always felt like I was floating around the universe in a sort of disconnected way. I'm sure like a lot of people here.  It would be so nice if things would come full circle. Hugs, Adria

Phoenix Rising

This is wonderful! Very happy for you :)
And here you are living despite it all..

Know this: the person who did this to you is broken. Not you... I will not watch you collapse

Adria

Phoenix Rising

And here you are living despite it all..

Know this: the person who did this to you is broken. Not you... I will not watch you collapse

Free2Bme

So happy for you Adria... thanks for sharing  :)

Adria

Thank you Free2Bme,

We have been texting back and forth as of late. A lot of catching up and pictures.  Seems surreal.