One Step Closer

Started by Whiteheron, March 11, 2020, 04:50:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Whiteheron

He actually signed the settlement agreement! Next step is the actual divorce papers and the judge signing off on the whole mess.

Of course, the ink isn't even dry and stbx has already attempted to violate the agreement.

I received a letter from his L informing me of the "new" custody schedule...he's already trying to modify custody! Against what was recommended in the agreement! Now his L is threatening to go to the judge if I don't agree. I say bring it!

My L's response to this nonsense was to point out stbx's (can I call him an ex now??) inability to co-parent by involving the kids in an adult matter and not communicating directly with me...I hope people (courts) are noticing.

He also hasn't divided up the bank accounts or paid the child support that was agreed upon. I can honestly say I'm not surprised. I am exhausted, I just want to be done with him. No more PD games - a girl can dream, can't she?

You can't destroy me if I don't care.

Being able to survive it doesn't mean it was ever ok.

Poison Ivy

I can relate, Whiteheron.  I had two goals with the property division I proposed for my divorce:  that it comply with the law (i.e., as close to 50-50 as possible), and that it require as little effort as possible from my husband to actually accomplish the property division.  What that meant in practice was that I tried to minimize the number of things my husband would have to do or sign.  I was successful in the minimizing, but even with that, it took him a really long time to do simple things and a lot of handholding and bending over backwards, by me and other people (e.g., our investment adviser).

hhaw

WH:

Just make sure the Agreement is written into an enforceable Court Order.

You might have to file contempt charges, which I don't know much about.

Congrats getting the expd to sign anything.  WELL DONE: )
hhaw

What you are speaks so loudly in my ears.... I can't hear a word you're saying.

When someone tells you who they are... believe them.

"That which does not kill us, makes us stronger."
Nietchzsche

"It is better to light a candle than curse the darkness."
Eleanor Roosevelt