Fairness in Finances

Started by Crushed_Dad, February 27, 2020, 09:47:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crushed_Dad

Quote from: Liftedfog on March 07, 2020, 07:48:47 AM
I think your offer is too generous.  Yet she will ask for more and would throw you under the bus in a heartbeat.  That's what pds do. I've been at it since 2014 and over 150,000 of legal fees to money hungry lawyers.  But ex is unstable and disordered.  The latest offer I gave was in his favour and that was 6 months ago. Still no agreement. Heading to trial is more likely now. But my point is if you start off giving her everything there is nothing left to really negotiate.  You could have kept the car issue as a dangling carrot so when you get fed up of her stalling you can throw in the paid car for example.  I agree with the other posters that you should not give her the house or paid car.  She should be paying her own way for those. Of course if you go to trial she could end up with all of it anyway but don't just hand those over to her.   I'm sorry for what you are going through.  I feel your pain.

I will update when I've had the response but if there's any contesting my offers are likely to become more stringent rather than more favourable. My next push would be for mediation as with an independent 3rd party. She'll easily fall back in to her habits if it were just one to one but she wouldn't dare drop the mask in front of others as she'd completely expose her real self to all.

Aside from that at drop off on Sunday, when asked if everything was ok I simply said that DS was confused. I might as well have shoved a red hot poker in to a tiger's backside......