so sick of him.. We're not speaking

Started by losingmyself, March 02, 2020, 09:16:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

losingmyself

Most of the weekend went fine. Mostly because I found things to do away from him.
But last night, I sat down after taking a shower, said two words, and he says " what did she say?" referencing the tv show he was watching. I said " I don't know, what did she just say there?" He comes back with "I don't know, I was too busy DISCIPLINING you about talking"   "Disciplining me??" So, fine, I won't talk.
I left and came back, I may have been a little noisy, I was so mad. Then I sat down and didn't say anything to him. He's so oblivious to what he says. He asks " What's wrong with you?" I couldn't do it, I couldn't contain myself. I said, kind of loudly  "I don't need to be fucking disciplined by you. "Who the fuck to you think you are??"
The only single thing he heard was the last sentence. And he's mad. ST. I don't care. The less he speaks, the better.
This morning I woke up to my alarm clock, heard that he was up, then laid down and went back to sleep. He didn't bother waking me up , so I got up kind of late, got ready for work, talked to DD, who is sick and going to stay home from school. I did say goodbye to him. I'm sure he got up early so I could be around him and see how mad he is at me for saying those words to him. I'm happy I went back to sleep.
I just needed to share here. I'm so sick of him. He acts like he's so far superior to me. He didn't even finish high school, and he's smarter than I am. In his opinion.

p123

Quote from: losingmyself on March 02, 2020, 09:16:26 AM
Most of the weekend went fine. Mostly because I found things to do away from him.
But last night, I sat down after taking a shower, said two words, and he says " what did she say?" referencing the tv show he was watching. I said " I don't know, what did she just say there?" He comes back with "I don't know, I was too busy DISCIPLINING you about talking"   "Disciplining me??" So, fine, I won't talk.
I left and came back, I may have been a little noisy, I was so mad. Then I sat down and didn't say anything to him. He's so oblivious to what he says. He asks " What's wrong with you?" I couldn't do it, I couldn't contain myself. I said, kind of loudly  "I don't need to be fucking disciplined by you. "Who the fuck to you think you are??"
The only single thing he heard was the last sentence. And he's mad. ST. I don't care. The less he speaks, the better.
This morning I woke up to my alarm clock, heard that he was up, then laid down and went back to sleep. He didn't bother waking me up , so I got up kind of late, got ready for work, talked to DD, who is sick and going to stay home from school. I did say goodbye to him. I'm sure he got up early so I could be around him and see how mad he is at me for saying those words to him. I'm happy I went back to sleep.
I just needed to share here. I'm so sick of him. He acts like he's so far superior to me. He didn't even finish high school, and he's smarter than I am. In his opinion.

"Disciplining" you? Wow weird thing to say!

NumbLotus

Just a castaway, an island lost at sea
Another lonely day, noone here but me
More loneliness than any man could bear

losingmyself

Yes, it is a weird thing to say. He said that a long time ago, that I need discipline, just like a child. I got very angry then, too.  I should never have married him.  What a huge mistake.

p123

Quote from: losingmyself on March 02, 2020, 11:30:01 AM
Yes, it is a weird thing to say. He said that a long time ago, that I need discipline, just like a child. I got very angry then, too.  I should never have married him.  What a huge mistake.

If you dont mind me asking - how long u been married?

11JB68

My h thinks everyone around him needs to be corrected, disciplined, etc...
He's always right iho

logistics

I can't say anything to my h during his tv shows. I can only speak during commercials if it's important to him. If he needs something he has every right to disturb anything I might be involved with including any of my favorite shows. 

11JB68

losingmyself

p123, 9 years. 10 years too many....
logistics.. exactly. but he can play videos on his phone with the sound up, or speak to me while I'm trying to listen to something. Now tonight, he'll purposely talk while I'm watching something to punish me or "to show me what it's like"  when he's interrupted while he's watching something.
Double standard. Same as falling asleep on the couch. Or being on his phone constantly. He talks about how terrible it is that everybody is always on their phone. From the guy who has literally worn a hole in his phone screen. Not even exaggerating.
Hey, guess what? I'll just stop talking to him altogether.

logistics

Rules. Husband got mad at me when I posted how I wanted to be treated.  It's funny...not really. I know all his rules and when and how I must follow them maybe it's his boundaries with consequences if crossed. The problem is he always ignores and minimizes my needs my boundaries and gets mad at his consequences. He doesn't follow my needs. He easily forgets them or doesn't bother to care to know them but I sure the need to follow his.

eyesopen

Wow.  Where does he get off thinking he has a right to discipline you?  That's not ok.  Not in any situation.  Not ever.  You're both adults, equals, and he's 100% wrong to think he has any sort of advantage or power over you.

The only sort of discipline you should be receiving is your own personal discipline.  What I mean is, like you know it's healthy to drink plenty of water, so you exercise your own personal discipline to make drinking more water a habit.

Punishing you because you aren't performing your wifely duties to his satisfaction?  Sorry, but fuck that.

losingmyself

:yeahthat:
I cannot get that through his head.