Started by Bleu Luna, March 02, 2020, 04:55:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bleu Luna

Hello to all,
I have been suffering from co dependency for years. FOG describes just how I feel. I'm 53 and have been through one divorce and have no children. I seem to be attracted to the  PD's all my life. Right now I'm wanting out of a controlling relationship. Thank God he is not physically abusive but very passive aggressive and threatens me in very subtle and passive ways. I pick up on it though. I'm in the process of breaking up with him but he just doesn't get it. His way for revenge will be to slander me on social media. This is just my prediction. Why do I fear that so? I have let my fear of this keep me with him for two years now. I want my freedom and my life back. I'm not happy with him anymore. He also Love Bombed me in the beginning and I was weak and wanted to hear all those things.
On a another note, My Bio Mother was abusive my whole life. She has trained me to accept her verbal and emotional abuse all of my 53 years. Now she is older and guilt tripping me daily. She has turned all of her children against each other over the last 10 years. Last night I cried and started feeling helpless like I did as a child. I've come so far since then and accomplished so much but now I can feel myself giving into her ways. I feel so guilty because she is my mother, and she's older now. I've never known someone as toxic as she. I'm looking forward to meeting others who understand. Good day to all. Blue Luna

xredshoesx

welcome to the group

i'm so sorry you find yourself here, but i am glad you are reaching out and starting to make those life changing connections between how you were raised and what you are currently enduring in your romantic relationship.  i figured that one out about a year or so after i broke up with my ex.....but had i not i think i would have lather, rinse repeated the life choices i was already making that were causing me to be codependent, stressed out and not my best me.

if you are thinking about breaking it off a good place to start reading/ posting may be the separating and divorcing boards.  another good place to check out to find some validation that you are not alone in the things you are experiencing would be the common behaviors section.

Separating and Divorcing

Common Behaviors

hope to see you on the boards soon.  keep taking baby steps.  this a HUGE step but it can also be a life changing one if it helps you get away from PD/ uPD relationships.

Bleu Luna

Thank you so much! I will start reading on those groups. This is the best website I have seen in awhile. So grateful to have found it.
Looking forward to new information and fellowship.
Bleu Luna