Trying to find a therapist

Started by 11JB68, March 04, 2020, 08:10:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

11JB68

I may have found a therapist. Takes my insurance.
Near my work. Evening hours. Does some 'life coaching'. Seems to have knowledge around PDs and abuse...
Sent an inquiry email today.

NumbLotus

Wonderful news. I hope you get very positive things from it.
Just a castaway, an island lost at sea
Another lonely day, noone here but me
More loneliness than any man could bear

SparkStillLit

Yay, good luck🍀🍀🍀!! I hope you're a good fit together! I've gotten loads of help from mine.

20yrsofcrazy

Awesome!  I really hope it's a good fit and can help bring some sanity/peace/validation/advice, etc., that you need right now.  Hugs!

My therapist/counselor helped me overcome gaslighting and other tactics like projection that were making me question my validity and sanity.   It took awhile but it really helped.   

11JB68

Heard back from her yesterday, now trying to coordinate appt time, insurance, and to make sure it's a good fit...

11JB68

Have not heard a word. Now I figure her practice is probably closed due to covid...
Very disappointing. Just when I really needed it and finally got up the courage or whatever to reach out.... Now this.
And now I feel like I need this even more... Feeling actually sort of depressed now with the pandemic, to much time on the house with uocpdh etc....

hhaw

Download WhatsAppl, or some such App,  and ask this T to have an online appointment if possible.  As long as you can look her in the eye, and she can see you..... it's a start. 

Good luck,

hhaw

What you are speaks so loudly in my ears.... I can't hear a word you're saying.

When someone tells you who they are... believe them.

"That which does not kill us, makes us stronger."
Nietchzsche

"It is better to light a candle than curse the darkness."
Eleanor Roosevelt

notrightinthehead

It's dishartening but persevere. I sometimes think that the universe throws these obstacles in our way to allow us to reflect if we really want this. And I think you do!
I can't hate my way into loving myself.

11JB68

So last night I was researching online therapy but the sites seemed a bit sketchy - I was going to ask if anyone here had experience with these.
Amazingly this am I got an email from the therapist that I was trying to connect with that she has set up online therapy sessions for new and ongoing clients! So cool. I have to think about this though as my ability to find privacy for something like that is limited right now.

hhaw

Maybe you could have that appointment in a vehicle..... in a garage... or parked in a private area. 

The important thing is to be able to see into each other's eyes.... my T was sitting with her back against a window and had to flip around and face the window so she wasn't in silhouette on the screen while we talked. 

I didn't think we'd have a good video session, but I was wrong.  It was a very helpful and I'm glad I kept that appointment. I was afraid it would be too strange or not helpful, but it was very timely.   

Good luck,

hhaw

What you are speaks so loudly in my ears.... I can't hear a word you're saying.

When someone tells you who they are... believe them.

"That which does not kill us, makes us stronger."
Nietchzsche

"It is better to light a candle than curse the darkness."
Eleanor Roosevelt