When they are always home

Started by Cascade, April 12, 2019, 11:58:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cascade

Looloo
QuoteMy H was gone overnight for the first time in ages, and it was such a relief!
A few years ago my husband had to work away from home for 5 days. It was the first time this had ever happened and I was just blown away by how happy I felt as I drove home dropping him off at the airport. I knew I'd enjoy the break but had no idea how good it would feel. I hope you get another break like that!
Stillirise,
QuoteHe will sometimes pop in during the day.  I often feel like this is to try and catch me off guard, and to see what I'm up to.
Mine has done this too and I think for the same reason! I also quickly start to do something boring as soon as he walks in the door.
Fae, this is so funny! 
QuoteOn the other hand, I somehow convinced him to start delivering pizza on the weekends! He talked about it (he's locked in his 17-year-year-old-mindset often) and I objected so of course he did it. It wasn't intentional but woohoo!
I'm glad at least you get some breaks from him now.
Sarandro, It must be so hard to get used him being home all the time, especially since he worked away from home at times. I hope your H gets bored enough that he will get a job again!

Liftedfog

I used to be allowed 3 work at home days.   Guess what?  I went to work.  No way could I be at home with expdh.  He already ruined every sick day and vacation days.  I didn't even tell him about being allowed to work from home. He was mostly unemployed and played on internet all day but would rage with chores he wanted me to do. 

Cascade

Lifteddog, I don't blame you for having gone to work instead of working at home!

I got through week one and it wasn't as horrible as I anticipated but he sure did come out of his office a lot, just like I had predicted. I was pretty busy last week and wasn't home that much so I think that helped too.

Fae Greenwood

Well, he's decided to give up the pizza delivery thing on the weekend so i am getting few breaks.
Jerk.
I have to remind myself constantly that I am responsible for my choices but not the choices of anyone else.

When we have a child, we give a hostage to fortune and to the other parent.

I may not respond as I have to sneak onto this site and more than a quick view is challenging.

Cascade

Awe that sucks Fae. I hope he misses it and goes back.

I was really hoping my husband would hate working from home but he loves it so far.

blunk

My BPDxh was out of work for more than 2 years. I dreaded spending time at home, especially getting ready to go home from work in the evenings, to the point that my stomach would be in a knot as the end of the day grew near. He would frequently be drunk or on something, and of course nothing got taken care of at home. I'd have to stop after work to do the grocery shopping and would return to dirty dishes, clothes needing to be washed, vacuuming to do, etc. Then he would complain that the house was a mess because I was such a slob. Add to that all of the half finished projects, it was maddening. I did anything I could to spend time out of the house...worked extra, went to the gym, walked/ran the dogs, worked the weekends, joined a running group. Then he would complain that I was taking away from "our time". On the plus side, it left me with tons of banked vacation time after the divorce.

Liftedfog

Expdh was mostly unemployed during the 30 years together.  He made my vacation days a nightmare. I hated being home with him. We would usually end up in a huge argument by day 2.  He wanted to control my entire life including what I wanted to do on my days off work. He would give me a list of chores to do while he slept or played on internet.    Weekends were just as bad.  Maternity leave was a full year.  Yup.  Expdh hme with me.  Some of the worst times of my life were spent with expdh. 

Cascade

Well it's been a few months now and I've learned a few things. The company he works for doesn't have enough business to keep him busy, or so it seems. He has several naps throughout the day, though one of these is on his lunch break.  We had decided that he should keep his office door closed when he was working, but instead he keeps it wide open and more often than not, his chair is facing the door and not his desk, as he plays on his phone. This way he can also see me every time I walk past. He also has become super nosy and runs upstairs to look out the window every time he hears a noise. And every time I leave the house, (which is a lot lately) he wants to know where I'm going.

The good news is that there is a possibility of him having to work away from home in the future and I am pretty excited by the thought of that!