Old job contacting

Started by Findingstrength729, March 06, 2020, 04:49:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Findingstrength729

Advice....I think I know the answer. 

My old job keeps contacting me asking for this or that.   I no longer have access to the school email or the curriculum platform.   

I told them where everything was before I left.   It is all very organized and labeled.   If they can't find something they are honestly just not looking. 

To top it off, they're being rude when sending me these text messages.  I'm sure it's best to just ignore.  It's frustrating.

NumbLotus

You could definitely ignore.

If you don't want to do that, be late and be vague.

If you normally reply in a few hours, wait a day or two.

And your response isn't "here's the answer" but "I'm not sure I remember the exact answer but it's definitely in the documentation I left/in the file/whatever."
Just a castaway, an island lost at sea
Another lonely day, noone here but me
More loneliness than any man could bear

Findingstrength729

So as soon as I posted this, the girl called me.   Demanding answers.   I stupidly picked up.  I told her nicely, I am unable to answer questions during school hours and I left everything I have in x spot.

She got huffy and said "well you should have done xyz.....".  No I shouldn't have.   I ignored her calls and texts the rest of the day.  She finally said she figured it out.

I'm just not going to be available.   They didn't appreciate me while I was there, so....why come to me now?

NumbLotus

Gee whiz. What a winner, that one.
Just a castaway, an island lost at sea
Another lonely day, noone here but me
More loneliness than any man could bear

clara

My former employer tried this trick with me.  My feeling was also--they had the opportunity to learn what they needed to know while I was still there.  None of it was that complicated.  Still, some of my co-workers actively resisted trying to learn, and I knew it was because they felt they could just contact me for help after I was gone.   They were wrong.  I wasn't being paid to help them, so why should I?  This was their learning curve, and I hope they learned it.  Once that paycheck stopped, so did my obligations.  If I got an e-mail from someone, I gave them the name of the responsible person, but that person was no longer me.  Further inquiries were ignored.  Too bad so sad.  Since so many of those same people worked overtime to create a toxic environment, I was more than willing to allow them to stew in it.