I was wrong

Started by Adria, May 06, 2020, 10:39:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Adria

Well, I was wrong.  Daughter called this morning like nothing happened. Invited me down to her house.  We ended up talking about the last visit, how awful it was, decided we need to make some changes and we both started laughing about it all  So, all is well, a major victory.

For a flower to blossom, it must rise from the dirt.

Starboard Song

Radical Acceptance, by Brach   |   Self-Compassion, by Neff    |   Mindfulness, by Williams   |   The Book of Joy, by the Dalai Lama and Tutu
Healing From Family Rifts, by Sichel   |  Stop Walking on Egshells, by Mason    |    Emotional Blackmail, by Susan Forward

Adria

Thanks Starboard,

You nailed it. I'm still reelin :sunny:

PeanutButter

Wow. Thats fantastic.

My IC defaults to worse case scenario alot! I have to watch it lest I spend my precious time upset about something that doesn't ever happen.
Our brains react the same to worrying something is going to happen as it does to that something actually happening.

My IC also likes to assume what other people are thinking. I have to watch for that too. Its usually assumptions of thoughtlessness, heartlessness, or maliciousness unfortunately.
I make sure to refocus on myself, my thoughts, and my emotions.
If there is a hidden seed of evil inside of children adults planted it there -LundyBancroft  Self-awareness is the ability to take an honest look at your life without any attachment to it being right or wrong good or bad -DebbieFord The greatest of faults is to be conscious of none -Thomas Carlyle

Adria

PeanutButter,

Yes, I can understand the default thinking thing.  Unfortunately with daughter history would show . . .
I'm really proud of her.  She has grown a lot and is clearly stepping out of the past.  It was so refreshing that we ended up laughing our fool heads off over what would normally have been a full blown disaster.  I'm planning on this being a new beginning between us. I feel closer to her now than ever. Happy Days!!! :yes:

Free2Bme

Rejoicing with you Adria, how wonderful for you and your family.
Keep building upon this opportunity!
:chestbump:

momnthefog

Adria,

That is wonderful news.

Momnthefog
"She made broken look beautiful and strong look invincible.  She walked with the universe on her shoulders and made it look like a pair of wings."

Adria

Free2Bme and Momnthefog,

Thank you very much!

hhaw

💖🐰🐰💖
So happy for you, Adria!
hhaw

What you are speaks so loudly in my ears.... I can't hear a word you're saying.

When someone tells you who they are... believe them.

"That which does not kill us, makes us stronger."
Nietchzsche

"It is better to light a candle than curse the darkness."
Eleanor Roosevelt