Identifying Fears so as to Reduce the Need to Please

Started by momnthefog, November 20, 2019, 10:15:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

momnthefog

I've recently started listening to Vital Mind Psychology.  Focusing on self care and examining my role as the empath.

This link is to a short discussion about reducing the need to please.  The doc talks about identifying our fears as a way forward.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vYhAuLXy5og&spfreload=10

As a parent, what fears have driven you in dealing with your PD adult child?

momnthefog

"She made broken look beautiful and strong look invincible.  She walked with the universe on her shoulders and made it look like a pair of wings."

paulabun

Hi Momnthefog,

I don't have an answer for you yet but just wanted to say that these videos are among the best that I've come across.
Thank you.
P

momnthefog

I'm afraid of being labeled a "bad mom" by my kids, my mother, neighbors, friends, church, community, society.

I'm afraid of making someone angry at me and therefore losing their "love, respect, attachment."

I'm afraid of the other person's failure or potential failure b/c its a cold harsh world out there.

I'm sure there other fears but these are a first step.

momnthefog
"She made broken look beautiful and strong look invincible.  She walked with the universe on her shoulders and made it look like a pair of wings."

momnthefog

paulabun...I agree....I stumbled across him last week while listening to Les Carter, phd who is also phenomenal. 

momnthefog

fevredream

I was just now realizing that I have so many fears around my sisters choices and what will happen to her baby.  I needed this