I’m lost

Started by crowfish, March 13, 2020, 06:34:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

crowfish

My fiancé of more than four years and best friend of seven vanished about three weeks ago. It was so sudden that I felt paranoid about what was about to happen next.

She hasn't communicated with me in any way, and the only reason I know she wasn't kidnapped is that she showed up with two coworkers to pack her things.

I believe that she has histrionic personality disorder, but my research leads me to think there's something g else going on, too.

Our bank account has her name only on it, but I have my pay stubs and some direct deposit slips that demonstrate I have ~$6K in our account.

I've never seen or heard of anything like this, and I need guidance.

To restate, the love of my life for the last seven years disappeared, taking our savings with her. She probably has HPD, but that doesn't seem to account for this. She didn't leave a note or an anything. She closed her social media accounts, and I'm unable to reach any of our coworkers.

Does anyone have any experience with anything line this?

1footouttadefog

It is not uncommon for a personality disordered person to simply be done and move on.  Especially if there is a narcissitic aspect to them.

Because it was always about them and how they felt anyway they can move ok n and start fresh because that is about them as well.

Sorry you have experienced such a horrible  account of being discarded by someone you love. 

Take care and be kind to yourself while you work through this.  It really hurts I am sure.  There will likely be a grieving process. Read about the stages of grief if you are not familiar.  It can be emotionally intense to process and knowing what to expect can assure you are same while doing so. 
.stay strong. 

Liftedfog

I'm sorry for what you are going through. You need to focus on yourself now. Redirect your monies to a different account.  You will most likely not able to recover that money she took without spending thousands of dollars on legal fees.  Protect yourself going forward and open your own bank account.   She is sick and you can't help her. You can only help yourself now.

GettingOOTF

I am sorry for what you are dealing with. I'm sure it came as a big shock to you.

Her diagnosis is neither here nor there. She abandoned you and stole your money. It would appear she had been planning this for some time - there's no other reason not to have both your names on the account.

Many people want to attribute the abusive and criminal behavior of their partners to a PD. There are many people with PDs who aren't criminals.

It's a tough lesson to learn but you won't see that money again. I doubt that there is anything you can legally do to recover the money as you willingly deposited in to her account. You could probably go after her in civil court but my experience is that this is a costly and long battle not worth it for this amount of money.

The most important question here is not why she did it but what you are going to do when she comes back, which she will with all kinds of excuses.

Please read around these forums. There is a lot of knowledge and support here. Many of us were trusting and ended up being scammed too so you will find a lot of support here.