I feel like I post too often but here is another: really strange things annoy

Started by Jsinjin, April 02, 2020, 05:59:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jsinjin

I'm back and I feel I post too often.   I have a really weird one but I wonder if anyone else has this kind of hyper awareness annoyance in their PD significant other or family member.   My uOCPDw has tiny things she can't stand and simply can't deal with that I don't even begin to rationally understand.    An example that came up this morning: I have a drawer in my vanity that contains my antiperspirant, hair brush, dental floss, toothpaste tube, nail clippers and a few other things.    It's right next to my sink which is next to the shower.   It's the only drawer in the bathroom that's mine, the rest are either community for linens and supplies or hers.  No complaints.    But I like to keep a bent paperclip in there in the back to poke at the showerhead and dislodge hard water calcium from the jets.   She can't stand it.   She has been concerned about the waste of the paperclip, why I have to keep it there, if there is something I can use besides the paperclip, and the questions go on and on.   It's not her drawer, it's not out in the open, I use it as a tool to dislodge those hard water deposits so the shower spray isn't like a needle jet and who in their right mind would care.  Yet she removes the thing and puts it away in the office where the paperclips go despite the massive piles and stacks of paper she has in the office and doorways of the room.

This is just one example, there are more.   I have a car and I keep it clean because I like to keep it clean.   I purchased at the dollar store a small stash of (armor all) leather cleaner wipes that I keep in the glove compartment.  She doesn't drive the car, its a stick shift and she can't, the packet of wipes is the size of a deck of cards.   Her vehicle is like an archaeologists trash pit of mail, discarded food containers, piles of markers and pens and stuff you have to shove out of the way to sit.   Yet her concern for me having purchased that packet of leather wipes is so deep and won't go away.

I can list more but it's always things I have no clue why or how this can be a problem.  We have bottles of cleaning products like toilet cleaner or disinfectant spray.   I took and prefer to keep a set upstairs in the kids bathrooms beneath the sink.   This affects nothing on the planet.  I'm the only one who either cleans or forces the kids to clean their bathrooms, there is zero reason why anyone would care about this yet it's a major issue.   

The list goes on and on.   I get certain things like a husband leaving the toilet seat up, or a family member consistently forgetting to clear their plate and rinse it or if a spouse or kid has a loud alarm that wakes someone up and is an inconvenience for others but the crap the cares about deeply is so insignificant and so strange I just don't understand it at all.   Not even in the PD world can I see what is going on with this type of thing.

I wonder if anyone else sees this type of behavior.
It is unwise to seek prominence in a field whose routine chores you do not enjoy.

-Wolfgang Pauli

11JB68

Jsinjin, I too have a uOCPD spouse... It's taken me a long time to learn to try to mc the stuff that irritates him. Different from your stuff. It's not so much stuff that I have... More that he gets angry about things and expects me to help him. But yes the need to control everything is ever present.