Lay-off

Started by losingmyself, March 20, 2020, 02:07:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

losingmyself

Well guys and gals, I got laid off. It's a difficult time for us here at work, we're like a family, and we all are heartbroken for ourselves and our boss. This morning he told me through teary eyes. I will miss my co workers during this time. Hopefully it won't last long.
So, Monday I'm home, and H has to work. I can't even look forward to the time to myself, ( a blessed thing for me) because I know his jealousy that he has to work and I don't will make life difficult.
There will be expectations that I text with him every break, probably have to have lunch ready for him every day, which is fine. But then the interrogations on what I did all day, and eye rolls and snorts that I didn't do enough.
I guess i will ignore these things and not let them get to me.  Much easier now that I have learned tools from the toolbox here.
Wish me luck. And God bless everyone going through this tough time. My heart goes out to everyone affected. I'm sure there are people so much worse off than me, and I will pray every day, every chance I get for our world, our country, our states and communities, and our homes.

looloo

I'm so sorry about your lay-off.  Hope it's very temporary and you're back at work soon.

And hope you get plenty of breaks from your spouse!  This will be challenging for even the happiest of families.  It'll be terribly unpleasant, and sadly, even dangerous, for those who live with dysfunctional people. 

I'm not a religious person, but I have been saying a prayer for everyone during this time.  What a wacko moment to be living through.
"If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you."  Oscar Wilde.

"My actions are my true belongings. I cannot escape the consequences of my actions. My actions are the ground upon which I stand."  Thich Nhat Hanh

notrightinthehead

Sending you a big hug!
I can't hate my way into loving myself.

losingmyself

Thank you, and hugs right back at ya.  Our business depends on orders from the places that are most affected, the bars and restaurants, and schools. Until they get back on their feet, I don't know how we'll have work to do. My boss said two weeks, but I don't see how. We'll see.
My bank has suspended my mortgage, and my car payment, so thank God for that. And I'll apply for unemployment right when I get home today.
God will provide, and we'll be ok.
I'm just not sure we have enough toilet paper :tongue2:

Mikeb44

I can only imagine what that is like to be laid off with a PD person on the house. I am hoping for major strength for you.

In the mean time, I would recommend a book that allows to work on something that only you can control...you. It is thought provoking and a fun read to realign your expectations of the world especially in these major changing times

The Second Mountain - David Brooks

I've been re-reading as it gives a sense of calm around the havoc that life can create.

losingmyself

I have been working this week, things still need to get done. Some days just a half a day, the last 2 days, and I guess tomorrow, I'll work all day. So it has been ok. Then, after tomorrow, lock down in my state.
No work for 2 weeks for both of us. Sigh..
Thing is, although I was really looking forward to being home alone for a while, I had to deal with his intrusion into what I did all day.. Never enough. But being home with him kind of takes the pressure off, because he's kind of lazy, and he doesn't expect me to do stuff if he's not. Aside from all the maid and cook duties.  But he's not angry all the time.
So, good luck to all of us staying at home. Try not to go too crazy.
Mikeb, I will look for that book, but I usually can't read around him, he needs too much attention .
You should have seen him last night when I was trying to fill out a form! Good God, man!!