Articple on resentment

Started by treesgrowslowly, March 21, 2020, 10:46:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

all4peace

Trees, I'd love to hear how this article was meaningful for you. I have opened it but not read yet...

treesgrowslowly

The article deals with a dynamic that arises due to being in childhood with a narcissistic parent. No one can relate to you. You grow up very isolated.

It made me different from everyone around me. I became good at relating to them.

They live without fear that when they face grief and loss they will be alone to face overwhelming feelings.

It may not be their fault but we live in a world where few people learn what trauma really is and they live by dismissing and ignoring people who suffered narcisssitic abuse as a child because they don't have to understand it.

They are privileged. And most of them will never admit it. I try to relate to them but they don't try to relate to me.

PeanutButter

I read the article at the link. Its about using the vulnerable emotions underlying anger as motivations for self correction, instead of remaining "protected" behind our anger or resentment where we are unable to perceive others objectively.
If there is a hidden seed of evil inside of children adults planted it there -LundyBancroft  Self-awareness is the ability to take an honest look at your life without any attachment to it being right or wrong good or bad -DebbieFord The greatest of faults is to be conscious of none -Thomas Carlyle