All or nothing Covid19 style.

Started by 1footouttadefog, March 22, 2020, 01:52:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

1footouttadefog

My pdh typucally soent time at the trash drop off place chatting with the employees and other old guys who hang out there.

I mentioned that when he takes the trash he should limit it to once every couple days and when he chats not to go in office building and not to shake hands or stand close. 

Next day he tells me i should jist tale the trash instead.  I was like are we olaying all or nothing so soon?

Next day i ask if he wants to take trash with me so he can chat for a few.  He tells the buddy who works there i am there to make sure he does not go inside etc.  The guy says well you cant we are on strict distancing commands and he could get fired now.

Then these two senior citizens start to talk and they get closer and closer and are leaning on the corner if vehichle one in back and the other a side about 18 inches apart talking about the lack of sports and stuff to talk aboht anyway. 

When i came back from doing recycles I chatted a minute then when we got in car mentioned that even outsode they were way to close.

Now pdh is saying he wont go with trash and it saying inshould not go buy chicken food etc becaise we habe to worry aboht the virus.

We drive out to drop a dog crate we are loaning on someones porch while they were at work and he wanted fastfood from a drive in.  I said we shohld not waste a contact on fast food when we are well stocked at home.

He has eaten almost all the quick and easy stuff he likes and is out of sliced bread he likes.  I told him i would mask up and hit the convieneice store next to where i can buy chicken feed as well as some other items for garden.

I am hearing negative chatter about going to feed store.  We can do without a garden. We need to eat what we have. Etc when he is the one who will habe a food melt down.

Lauren17

Oh yes. Apparently, Pandemic doesn't apply to BPDs.
Mine has been going in to work every day in spite of the fact that he's able and encouraged to work from home. He's going out to eat breakfast and lunch every day.
He laughed at me last night when he got home and I asked him if he washed his hands before he started digging in the fridge.
On Sunday, he wanted toast for breakfast and we were out of bread. So he refused  to eat anything until dinner that night. I'm sure I was supposed  to feel guilty for that. But I didn't. And I wasn't the one who spent the day hungry.
On the flip side. I don't want him home with us all day. My girls and I have settled into a nice routine that I don't want disrupted.
I've cried a thousand rivers. And now I'm swimming for the shore" (adapted from I'll be there for you)

GentleSoul

Quote from: Lauren17 on March 24, 2020, 09:55:30 AM

Apparently, Pandemic doesn't apply to BPDs.

Thanks so much for this, I laughed out loud!  Cheered my day right up! :wave:

If my uPD mum was still around, it wouldn't have applied to her either.