When the end is in sight BUT now the economy

Started by Dae, March 25, 2020, 04:54:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dae

Hugs and greetings...I hope to find everyone healthy and safe.  I need suggestions as to how to function.  I've done the counseling, done the grief during the past year, I've tried the best way I know how and I've made the decision to GIVE UP and walk away from a battle that I will not be able to regain my footing. 

How do we survive when the economy is going into to shutdown and I was so close to gaining my exit?  It would be financial suicide to leave.  I do self-care but I was so excited about leaving and now the economy.  Anyone else experiencing this?

Jsinjin

I'm so very sorry to hear this.    While we are on a strong financial footing, I know that the total amount of both of our retirement savings after a divorce has dove into the ground.    It does make it very hard to consider but at the same time there is no great time.
It is unwise to seek prominence in a field whose routine chores you do not enjoy.

-Wolfgang Pauli

BeautifulCrazy

Yes! I was going to post about this myself!!
I have my mind made up.
I have a plan.
All that is needed is the money.
Which is now impossible.
There will be help from the government. But not enough. And not soon. Already I am having to dip into my escape fund just to survive here.
My exit has been delayed indefinitely.

11JB68

And also just the feeling of being trapped. I am medium coming like crazy to avoid getting into any kind of fight because I know that right now I wouldn't easily be able to walk out the door, nor can I ask him to leave especially since he's now hi risk...I feel trapped.

Spygirl

I would tale a more positive outlook.

It is not the end of the world. Everyone will go back to a normal life very soon. In fact, after being cooped up, it will probably boom for everyone. Its not ruining / preventing anything unless you choose to allow it.

You just have to relax and be a little patient. Its only two weeks more weeks at most. Perhaps turn off the news shows? They have nothing positive to say.

Free2Bme

Beautifulcrazy  - If I could gently say.....it's not "indefinitely", don't go there.  This is just a delay.  Maybe in some providential way you will benefit from having more time to plan.  You are a bright, resourceful woman, look for ways to make this work to your advantage.  If I remember correctly, wasn't it you that posted that you were making the most of time at home with children, investing in them, and planning your exit?  Focus on things you have control over in the here/now. Just my $0.02

Hugs  :bighug:

Dae

Trust me I am focusing on the positive of this chaos...I have a job I can still go to...my dog can come to work with me and hopefully he can still keep on working but I was up for air...I took a big gulp...I was flying high on leaving.  My soul is having a hard time with this. 

My mantra has been to live the best life I can.  The dirty looks, the silent treatment (you all know the drill)  is my chaos and will be amplified even more by him because I told him I am not there with you in my heart.  I will not give my body to man who only wants to say "thank you" when he act is over nor will I give myself soul, spirit and body to a man that does not see me as the beautiful person that I am.

I want to be free.  I am not an object.  I am more than sex.  Sex does not take away the hurt and the pain.  I understand they are incapable of truly loving another person but it does not mitigate the pain in my heart of knowing that economically this is
going to be so hard.

Maybe those of us that want to leave but finances keep us there...let's create a village where we can go live together....even if we have to rent land and live in a tee-pee.....Peace and much love.

Stargirl

I'm there with you. I have finally made the decision to leave because I can no longer take the emotional abuse and accusations from my AvdPD fiancé anymore. I want him to leave so badly, but I know he will NEVER leave my house with me being here. I'm too available. He can follow me from room to room trying to excuse and defend his hurtful words and behavior, tell me how crazy I am, and that if it wasn't for me breaking his trust 7 years ago, he would not be acting like the way he does.

My original plan was to go to my best friends house in a different state with my daughter and my dog, but with the way CoVid-19 is, I will have no other place to go. She is a nurse and I would rather try to either find another place or call my parents which I really don't want to get them involved. I'm just not sure what to do at this point. Our fight today (which I will post about later) was my breaking point. I threw his things into the hall, screaming for him to get the f**k out of my house because I can no longer take it anymore. I'm usually a very happy and bubbly person so this is really unlike me. I just now have nowhere to go and he will have all the power if I have to stay home with him for 30 days. Hopefully CoVid-19 will disappear and the economy will go back to a stable place, but I don't think that's going to happen for a while. I feel stuck right with you!