I'm getting better at this!

Started by SparkStillLit, May 16, 2020, 01:11:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SparkStillLit

Today, updh did what he always does if he thinks I "messed up": don't you check that every time? Didn't you look for that? Didn't you... why didn't you... why would you ever....blah blah BLAH...
This morning I smiled and walked out and didn't say ANYTHING!  He was absolutely flustered and called me back and kept poking. I kept either not answering, switching topic, or giving one word boring responses.
This was horribly unsatisfactory, so a bit later he criticized and warned about my footwear. I said, "ok". BORING!!!!
I think he's irritated with me now  8-)

SparkStillLit

"How did THAT happen?" Lol maybe I shouldn't talk to him at ALL  today?

notrightinthehead

Isn't it amazing how medium chill gives you back some of your power!
I can't hate my way into loving myself.

SparkStillLit

I don't know if this is an extinction burst (oh HA HA) or if I'm just more cognizant, but there's so MUCH of this behavior!  Just.. .constantly!  A phrase, a crappy sentence! I'm MCing it all.
Also heavy invalidation. Yesterday I rattled his cage till he took me to get my kayak I've wanted for over a year. I saved some winnings and everything. DS and I took it on its maiden voyage with friends, and we came back full of stories of our adventure. He kept saying "well Yeah that's how boats work" and "are you really telling me you couldn't...." (same version of above phrases).
He did help do stuff to transport and store it (and kept saying things like "I need to  e sure you understand", cheerful MC from me) and he did finally Express some joy sharing.  And wanted thanking.
I kept my cheer and I'm super excited over my little boat.