The dishwasher

Started by Jsinjin, March 27, 2020, 03:43:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jsinjin

I would call this a quirk like someone who has to check to make sure the doors are locked or always folds a napkin or sheets the same way but it's more than that.    My uOCODw can't emotionally handle the dishwasher being loaded or run by anyone but her.    I see the thing as a tool: dishes get loaded, the tool does it's thing and clean dishes get out away.    To her it's a horror that the plates might not face the right direction or a piece of silver ware might be up instead of down.   Somehow hand washing is more wasteful and she hated it when I finish up the last few dishes at the end of a day if the dishwasher is full.   Her favorite term statement is "I'll load it and ease don't finisht he dishes, we can run allnotber load later whifh we never do.    The goal is to avoid any an all waste even if it means dirty dishes sit in the sink for days.   It's strange but nothing makes her angrier thannopeningnnthe dishwasher and finding a cup on the bottom. Instead of the top rack.

It is unwise to seek prominence in a field whose routine chores you do not enjoy.

-Wolfgang Pauli

ICantThinkOfAName

ugh... the dishwasher wars.  Mine will take out a fork and hold it close to his face as if inspecting a rare diamond and then shake his head as if it were a totally fake diamond and someone was trying to get something over on him.  Then we'd have the conversation of pre-soaking and how we are all not doing our part.  Then I would be lectured about how some dirty silverware found their way into the silverware drawer.  Did I mention that he has done the dishes maybe once every two months and at our house dishes have to be done every single day. 

notrightinthehead

Jinsin, I think you might benefit from watching Tim Fletcher's Talks on Anger on youtube.
I can't hate my way into loving myself.