Responsibility without authority

Started by 11JB68, March 28, 2020, 08:39:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

11JB68

Not sure where I saw this topic recently. It's usually used in terms of biz/management. But it fits my relationship with uocpdh.
I am expected to be responsible for things yet with little to no authority. He bestows authority on himself, yet takes very little responsibility...
Just like in a work environment it's very frustrating.

Stillirise

:yeahthat:

I can totally relate.  Our marriage is essentially run like a business.  He is the CEO, and I am the junior operations manager, accounts payable clerk, kitchen and housekeeping staff, child care attendant, among other things. If there's an issue in any of my divisions, you can bet who is deemed responsible. I don't have to ask permission for daily operations, but his opinion of how I should have conducted things, or what next steps should be,  is considered the final and proper authority. 
You may shoot me with your words,
You may cut me with your eyes,
You may kill me with your hatefulness,
But still, like air, I'll rise.
—Maya Angelou

11JB68

Sometimes when I've voiced frustration over his controlling ways, he has used as an example of how he's NOT controlling that I get to decide how to spend the money...
:sadno:
I'm given an allowance. With that weekly money I have to figure out a way to keep the household running, food, gas, his cigarettes, medicine, etc.
There's no 'get to'... More of a 'have to'.
He totally forget e get it.

1footouttadefog

Tell them they need to meet with the share holders.

GentleSoul

Quote from: 11JB68 on March 28, 2020, 08:39:44 AM
Not sure where I saw this topic recently. It's usually used in terms of biz/management. But it fits my relationship with uocpdh.
I am expected to be responsible for things yet with little to no authority. He bestows authority on himself, yet takes very little responsibility...
Just like in a work environment it's very frustrating.

I relate, my uPD husband is like this.  It feels to me like he wants the good/fun parts of being an adult but not the hard work parts.