Autocorrect?

Started by notrightinthehead, March 12, 2020, 01:38:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

notrightinthehead

Do we have an autocorrect for some words? I am certain I wrote the word 'trump' in the sense of topping something and when I read the post it said  'Political Candidate' which I definitely did not type.
I can't hate my way into loving myself.

notrightinthehead

and again. Yeah, we do have an autocorrect.

NumbLotus

It's a filter they set up to avoid swear words and trigger words. Clearly the policy of this forum includes avoiding discussing certain divisive political figures, which makes sense here because it should be a safe space and not a place where we argue bitterly about certain things.
Just a castaway, an island lost at sea
Another lonely day, noone here but me
More loneliness than any man could bear

notrightinthehead

I agree with you, Numblotus.

Spring Butterfly

Yes there our volunteers were challenged to keep up with moderating political discussions so we put that filter on to auto moderate that word and some other candidates at the time.

We changed the autocorrect to "override / top" since that's the definition of the word used in context applicable to this support forum.

We don't currently autocorrect swear words as they are permitted but name calling with those same words are not permitted. We may need to change that at some point though. That said, many here do appreciate when members self edit swear words.
Every interaction w/ PD persons results in damage — prep beforehand and make time after to heal
blog for healing